ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens want to make more history

vmax

They want to repeat which is rare in the NFL.

It's leaking out from the locker room and I love the positive focus and goal. I think this will motivate them to work extra hard and stay focused.

“Terrell Suggs talked to the team about how special last year was, but now you put yourself in position to do something really historical,” Harbaugh said.

The other component for the Ravens is that they have gone through a significant roster overhaul. The team has lost nine starters from last year’s team, more than any other Super Bowl winner.

“You start to realize that we have so much work ahead of us, plus we have a different team now in a lot of ways,” Harbaugh said. “We have a lot of guys that have a lot to prove.”

Much has been made of the Ravens losing players like Ray Lewis, Anquan Boldin, Ed Reed, Matt Birk, Vonta Leach, Dannell Ellerbe and Paul Kruger, but the struggles of recent Super Bowl winners has shown that keeping the roster together after winning a title doesn’t guarantee future success.

“I have heard everybody say that no Super Bowl team has ever done this [much roster turnover], and so that’s not a good thing,” Harbaugh said. “But it hasn’t exactly been a recipe for success in the past.”

With so much of the roster gone from last year’s team, the Ravens have a whole new group of players competing to get back to that point. Players like Elvis Dumervilicon-article-link.gif, Michael Hufficon-article-link.gif and Matt Elamicon-article-link.gif have never played for a Super Bowl, and they want a ring of their own.

“I think we’re in good shape,” Harbaugh said. “The fact is that we have some new veteran guys in there that are very hungry and want to be part of what we’re doing. We’ve got a lot of rookies that obviously weren’t a part of it and don’t feel like they’re part of it. They have their own legacy to make. And then we have a lot of players that want to follow it up with another run at least.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Work-Ethic-Illustrates-Hunger-To-Repeat/31dcd743-b554-42fd-ad6e-edb64ed3ac99

Of course saying it doesn't mean it will happen. As we know a lot have to come together for a team to run all the way.

It's the mindset that I like. That is hurdle #1 to overcome. This will not be a complacent Champion.

"Yea I know the games only been over for 2 minutes, but will you let me through so I can start studying film for next year?"

130203_Handshake_ss.ss_full.jpg

All they have to do is make the playoffs and I'll be ecstatic. I'm wary of a post-Super Bowl letdown but Harbs might not let that happen. Also helps that offense is young and defense has so many new good players.