ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Still think I'm overboard with.....

Oldschool739

What are you talking about? I was THE beginning of the conversation. But meanwhile, the beautiful thing about message boards is that, you know, the entire conversation is always visible - so it's not hard to "catch up" if you miss something.

"If I had something to add..." you would see the other 6 or so replies where I am discussing the issue, not your feud with individual members. You have still not replied to any of the arguments I've brought up.

I'm taking Dee's side because I agree with her. And I could care less about what you think of me as mod. As we've discussed before - it's about the discussion.

Meanwhile, please tell me what MLK did. I just thought MLK was a statue in DC and a character in those movies like Malcolm X and stuff.

Can you seriously not see the forest for the trees?

http://dcarts.dc.gov/release/update-experience-pulse-dc-reflections-peace-gandhi-king

Please tell me where it marks this as a gospel or christian experience. Please tell me where the DC government will be sponsoring ministering. And please tell me where about how conversations and celebrations of MLK can ONLY be with a religious connotation. Do you not see the narrowness of this view - that MLK and MLK events "always" involve "gospel" and "ministering"? A publicly sponsored celebration of the man and the march does not have to be religious.

Regardless - all this still off topic. McClurkin has been "censored" by the PC police, certainly. But that is the right and job of the organizers of the event: to pick the message they want to convey. They don't want McClurkin's message. If he wants to be a part of the event, he can change his message. If he wants to keep his message, he can start his own event. The DC government could not legally deny him the right to run it. (There's your first amendment).

What are you talking about? I was THE beginning of the conversation. But meanwhile, the beautiful thing about message boards is that, you know, the entire conversation is always visible - so it's not hard to "catch up" if you miss something.

"If I had something to add..." you would see the other 6 or so replies where I am discussing the issue, not your feud with individual members. You have still not replied to any of the arguments I've brought up.

I'm taking Dee's side because I agree with her. And I could care less about what you think of me as mod. As we've discussed before - it's about the discussion.

Meanwhile, please tell me what MLK did. I just thought MLK was a statue in DC and a character in those movies like Malcolm X and stuff.

Can you seriously not see the forest for the trees?

http://dcarts.dc.gov/release/update-experience-pulse-dc-reflections-peace-gandhi-king

Please tell me where it marks this as a gospel or christian experience. Please tell me where the DC government will be sponsoring ministering. And please tell me where about how conversations and celebrations of MLK can ONLY be with a religious connotation. Do you not see the narrowness of this view - that MLK and MLK events "always" involve "gospel" and "ministering"? A publicly sponsored celebration of the man and the march does not have to be religious.

Regardless - all this still off topic. McClurkin has been "censored" by the PC police, certainly. But that is the right and job of the organizers of the event: to pick the message they want to convey. They don't want McClurkin's message. If he wants to be a part of the event, he can change his message. If he wants to keep his message, he can start his own event. The DC government could not legally deny him the right to run it. (There's your first amendment).

Whatever helps you sleep at nite, dude....you were the first response and just showed back up....I really don't care what you think either so why don't we just leave it at that ?

I apologize for having some things to do during the day. I will make sure to enforce the rule that if you have not been "in it all along" you cannot comment. Let me go edit some threads to reflect this practice.

Now if that's not pre judgment what is? A vile paranoid person, because I don't have the same opinion as you on a touchy subject ? please !!

"You'll really be out of options when I start to get tired of you." yea I think that's a threat.....

I don't see why you are coming at me like this, when I simply pointed out that a black minister was being censored at a religious gathering for MLK !!!

Help me see where that offends you at .. It won't change my mind either way, but it's odd....

Already covered. You'll need to reread and comprehend on your own. I can't do that for you.

"You'll really be out of options when I start to get tired of you." yea I think that's a threat.....

No, that's me telling you that despite the calls by multiple people to have you banned, that I have not. I am usually the last advocate for everyone here. When I get tired of having to defend you, then I start listening to the masses, and the options will be few. That's not a threat. That's the truth of the situation. I'm sorry you took this as a threat. I didn't realize that you were this sensitive. When you start comparing me to the people that you have compared me to, yes, that is vile behavior. You have not offended me, despite your best effort. I really don't know you, despite your insistence to the contrary, which I find interesting. But, it's been about ten years since I actively posted on ESPN.

The argument of free speech here is an interesting one, as the first amendment doesn't just protect free speech, but also the separation between church and state. As such, it would be illegal for the District of Columbia to sponsor a "religious gathering for MLK !!!" Ergo, the event, as dc has already pointed out to you twice, is not a religious gathering. Therefore, the District of Columbia, is well within their rights to discern who should be and should not be a featured artist at an event for its citizens. Additionally, the first amendment applies the law to commerical speech differently. Furthermore, states (not sure if this applies to the District of Columbia, as it is not a state) are allowed to extend the protection of freedom of speech as they see fit, unless otherwise challenged in the court of law. Finally, free speech does not protect obscentiy. To that end, a community (not national or personal) standard is used to determine if a statement is obscene. To tie all of this together, the District of Columbia, serving in the capacity to represent its citizens and the members of its community, decided that based on the statements made by the minister, while exercising his first amendment right, determined that the comments were obscene to its community, and therefore exercised its first amendment right to not allow the minister to be featured as a headliner.

Like dc, I have to go to work now.

Already covered. You'll need to reread and comprehend on your own. I can't do that for you.

No, that's me telling you that despite the calls by multiple people to have you banned, that I have not. I am usually the last advocate for everyone here. When I get tired of having to defend you, then I start listening to the masses, and the options will be few. That's not a threat. That's the truth of the situation. I'm sorry you took this as a threat. I didn't realize that you were this sensitive. When you start comparing me to the people that you have compared me to, yes, that is vile behavior. You have not offended me, despite your best effort. I really don't know you, despite your insistence to the contrary, which I find interesting. But, it's been about ten years since I actively posted on ESPN.

The argument of free speech here is an interesting one, as the first amendment doesn't just protect free speech, but also the separation between church and state. As such, it would be illegal for the District of Columbia to sponsor a "religious gathering for MLK !!!" Ergo, the event, as dc has already pointed out to you twice, is not a religious gathering. Therefore, the District of Columbia, is well within their rights to discern who should be and should not be a featured artist at an event for its citizens. Additionally, the first amendment applies the law to commerical speech differently. Furthermore, states (not sure if this applies to the District of Columbia, as it is not a state) are allowed to extend the protection of freedom of speech as they see fit, unless otherwise challenged in the court of law. Finally, free speech does not protect obscentiy. To that end, a community (not national or personal) standard is used to determine if a statement is obscene. To tie all of this together, the District of Columbia, serving in the capacity to represent its citizens and the members of its community, decided that based on the statements made by the minister, while exercising his first amendment right, determined that the comments were obscene to its community, and therefore exercised its first amendment right to not allow the minister to be featured as a headliner.

Like dc, I have to go to work now.

If it had nothing to do with religion, they would have to find someone else to celebrate, and tell me why they scheduled gospel singers to perform ?

I never said it was illegal, just unjust....And I had no idea that a few could complain that they don't like your comments and get you banned, especially when there is no violation of the board rules....And my reference of knowing you longer than dc was merely speaking of talking on a sports board.

And the reason I mentioned Lombardi, who I personally would like to knock out, was that he does this similar stuff on his board....

He has his groupies who suck up to him, and if you challenge his opinion he becomes very sarcastic and then bans you without warning.

I only came on here because some of my old posting buddies are here, and I thought it would be cool to stop in some and harass some opposing fans together....Maybe you should change the general chat from (talk about nearly anything else here) to( anything but politics, race, and religion)....

Goooo Ravens....REPEAT !!!!

I can't answer your first question because I was not included in the decision-making.

As for banning, I specifically said the opposite. People can complain all the time to me, that doesn't mean that folks get banned because of it. As long as the rules are followed, then it's all good. You can talk to max, crav, spen, and dc for proof of that. Moreover, I always consult the moderators. He Who Shall Not Be Named, I am not. I take great offense to any implication of otherwise. You can consult crav as to the reasons why.

We've had plenty of respectful, intelligent conversations on a number of issues, including race, religion, and politics. I think it will continue.

I'll have to say that a sports board forum is not an ideal place to discuss such serious matters as these....

After all, we're only here to goof off anyway....I do tend to stir the fire from time to time, it's a gift....lol

You can call me many things, but boring is not in my DNA.....

Ravens to the SB.....REPEAT !!!!

I'll have to say that a sports board forum is not an ideal place to discuss such serious matters as these....

After all, we're only here to goof off anyway....I do tend to stir the fire from time to time, it's a gift....lol

Ravens to the SB.....REPEAT !!!!

Oh definitely, political, sexual,religious beliefs will tend to "spark a fire" regardless if its right or wrong. Just understand, the younger generation has a whole different opinion then the elder generation.

It's good for the heart to get the blood pumping real good tc, just call me Dr. Oldschool.....lol

Goooo Ravens....REPEAT !!!!

If you are a doctor I am a dog thats learned to type, which would still make me more intelligent than you.

Oh I beg to differ.....

• Upvote 1

If you are a doctor I am a dog thats learned to type, which would still make me more intelligent than you.

Oh I beg to differ.....

Oh I beg to differ.....

A clown is a clown is a clown....Right Bozo ??...

If you are a moderator, I should be a rocket scientist.....You have nothing to say that ever makes any sense, I guess that's why the clown avatar works so well for you....

Woops, here come the elephants, you gotta go now, HURRY.......

Ravens REPEAT !!!!