ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Michael Oher

cravnravn

In the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens moved up three spots – from 26 to 23 – to select a highly-touted and athletic talent by the name of Michael Ohericon-article-link.gif.

In the eyes of Ravens brass, Oher’s conceivable ability was strong enough to make future draft picks expendable, so they surrendered a fifth-round selection in order to tab their tackle out of Mississippi.

Oher joined the Ravens with the normal expectations connected to that of a first-round draft pick: Make an immediate impact, be a young leader, and quite possibly, become the team’s left tackle of the future.

22_PR-Feature_Oher_news.jpg

Fast-forward seven months: Warner Bros. released “The Blind Side,” a sports drama chronicling the tales of Oher and his humble beginnings. A typically discreet and private man, Oher modestly embraced the limelight that followed him and the Hollywood feature that recounted his adolescent years. Today, he seldom waivers from his quiet nature, yet Oher effortlessly exhibits a conviction that transcends the always-changing personnel of an NFL locker room.

In the spring of 2009, Oher’s NFL career hit the ground running. Immediately recognizing his versatility and athletic frame, Ravens coaches rotated the rookie through different areas of need along the O-line. Injuries would require Oher to compete at both tackle positions throughout his first NFL campaign, when he started 11 times at right tackle and five times from “The Blind Side.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Michael-Oher-Steadfast-And-Sturdy/02827c02-28f5-4572-8f34-bf89062548b6?mobile-id=753953&media-type=N

Edited by cravnravn
mmmmnn

Harbaugh said nobody works harder than Michael. I love the guy. He's a Raven and he'd be an All Pro RT if they hadn't moved him around so much out of necessity.

High character man with a great heart filled with gratitude. He gives back and really cares.

• Upvote 1

Harbaugh said nobody works harder than Michael. I love the guy. He's a Raven and he'd be an All Pro RT if they hadn't moved him around so much out of necessity.

High character man with a great heart filled with gratitude. He gives back and really cares.

He seems to be much more effective on the right side, so don't that make you wonder what would have happened if they would have played him there in college ? ...He may have been way higher on teams draft board....

Goooo Ravens.....REPEAT !!!!

He seems to be much more effective on the right side, so don't that make you wonder what would have happened if they would have played him there in college ? ...He may have been way higher on teams draft board....

Goooo Ravens.....REPEAT !!!!

It takes a well run organization to recognize that talent..Hence the reason why we are SB Champs, and on our way to repeating

I would love another superbowl game. That party at my downstairs bar last year was one of the best times of my life. Man, did we kill some booze that night. YEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

My neighbors still dont talk to me, I was crazy loud that night..F em