ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Buckle up....

Robjr83

New seat belt law takes effect Oct 1. Passengers in the rear of the car are now required to wear seat belts. From what I understand its a secondary offense meaning a cop would have to have pulled you over for something else to give you the ticket....still BS IMO..... no seat belts for school buses? Motorcycles have no safety besides a helmet? Just a money maker for the state all in the name of safety.

http://parkville.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/new-maryland-cell-phone-seat-belt-laws-take-effect-oct-1_104027c6

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oMoOKnpvpqc/Tym5pfjI9MI/AAAAAAAAANU/UV4NOtvQtXI/s320/Martin+O'Malley+Whats+in+your+Wallet%3F.jpg

I understand why one should wear a seatbelt, I just think it should be personal choice.

So what about the other's in the car if you are a potential missile bouncing around during the crash. It's not just protecting you, it's protecting the others in the car and that is why it shouldn't be personal choice but a requirement/law for everyone.

Havent ridden in the back seat of a car in 35 years, so its no biggie to me.But for my passengers Im letting that be their choice.

Here in Md., the driver gets the ticket for the passengers, I know cause I got one.....

I've been driving since I was 15 yrs old and most cars didn't even have seat belts....No one wore them if they did....

I can't get used to them, so I just hook it over my one arm when I see a police car.....I hate em'.....

I've heard of cases where they saved a life and ones that caused a loss of life also, so roll your dice and Gitty Up....

Goooo Ravens !!!!

Here in Md., the driver gets the ticket for the passengers, I know cause I got one.....

I've been driving since I was 15 yrs old and most cars didn't even have seat belts....No one wore them if they did....

I can't get used to them, so I just hook it over my one arm when I see a police car.....I hate em'.....

I've heard of cases where they saved a life and ones that caused a loss of life also, so roll your dice and Gitty Up....

Goooo Ravens !!!!

Lol I remember hand signals and passengers that COULD have open beer in the car