ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

AR didn't get the memo....

Oldschool739

I think he means within the boundaries of a legal contract, it's sign it or go work some 9 to 5'ver for a fraction of the money....

Hospital/Surgeons make the patient sign a disclaimer or else, why can't the NFL do the same ?

With the option: If a player decides not to sign it, their pay scale drops dramatically to cover any possible liability to the NFL.

Don't that sound fair ?

Ding ding Ding we have a winner.

I think he means within the boundaries of a legal contract, it's sign it or go work some 9 to 5'ver for a fraction of the money....

Hospital/Surgeons make the patient sign a disclaimer or else, why can't the NFL do the same ?

With the option: If a player decides not to sign it, their pay scale drops dramatically to cover any possible liability to the NFL.

Don't that sound fair ?

Did I miss something? Was this part of the negotiated CBA?

BTW...how is a hospital/patient situation relevant here?

Did I miss something? Was this part of the negotiated CBA?

BTW...how is a hospital/patient situation relevant here?

No it wasn't, that's the point....Maybe it should be, and not being an expert on NFL contracts myself, I simply gave a non negotiable example of a disclaimer that maybe used with an opt out clause....

We're speculating here, Money, not actually negotiating their contracts for them....

No it wasn't, that's the point....Maybe it should be, and not being an expert on NFL contracts myself, I simply gave a non negotiable example of a disclaimer that maybe used with an opt out clause....

We're speculating here, Money, not actually negotiating their contracts for them....

Okay...but the NFLPA will never, ever allow that to happen, so I feel like it's more just fantasy than speculating.

Okay...but the NFLPA will never, ever allow that to happen, so I feel like it's more just fantasy than speculating.

You might be right at this point, but if the game continues on the path it's going now, with all the injury liability, the league will have to do something to protect the interest of the owners and it's own money percentage.....The players can't get half the money and have the league pay their doctor bill too, so I don't think it's far fetched at all...But that's just my opinion, and that plus $4 will get you a Mocha Latte at Starbucks these days....lol

True. But the owners are too.

Yes, but they put up all the money to create this opportunity to become a multi-millionaire even if they can't read...

Therefore the financial risk is on the owners far greater than the players...

If the owner is wrong, they could lose millions of actual money, if the player is wrong, he loses the opportunity to make the money....

2 completely different avenues in my book....