ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

AR didn't get the memo....

Oldschool739

I guess he thinks every position has the "Brady Rule"

LOL, I couldn't believe he wasn't aware of the rule change and all the media attention it has gotten....

I think he is used to playing the part of protect my guys that he made a boob of himself and can't admit it....

Or else he's totally clueless....

Goooo Ravens.....Pitt next !!!!

This was always going to happen when they changed that rule to lower the target zone. The defense was going to start going lower and lower to make sure they weren't getting called for targeting and as a result guys knees were going to get blown out. Would you rather have a bum knee or keep forgeting that you had a bum knee?

This was always going to happen when they changed that rule to lower the target zone. The defense was going to start going lower and lower to make sure they weren't getting called for targeting and as a result guys knees were going to get blown out. Would you rather have a bum knee or keep forgeting that you had a bum knee?

The NFL may have to devise some protective gear for the knee and shin under this new rule or players time in the NFL will be drastically decreased and not worth a young man risking it all on a football career....that would mean less quality and quantity of players coming out of college....

Whiners will be whiners.

Elam didn't do anything wrong. It really sucks for Cobb, but these things happen.

That Defense had him rattled, I could see in his demeanor after some of those plays...We sacked him like 3 times and hit him a bunch more, at the point of that play, he was frustrated...

They were who we thought they were, and we let em off the hook !...lol

I didn't like the hit and if someone hit Torrey Smith like that, I'd be screaming.

Just being honest...

The guy could've easily leaped over Elam....It's the leagues fault these things are happening, that defensive player has a choice to make, hit the guy low or get a big fine taken out of their paycheck.....Elam is a rookie so I don't think he could afford too many of RG's happy fines without it drastically affecting his living...

Like Harbs said; "I don't know what he's talking about"..... It's what the game dictates today, whether we like it or not.

Ravens Proud !!!!

The guy could've easily leaped over Elam....It's the leagues fault these things are happening, that defensive player has a choice to make, hit the guy low or get a big fine taken out of their paycheck.....Elam is a rookie so I don't think he could afford too many of RG's happy fines without it drastically affecting his living...

Like Harbs said; "I don't know what he's talking about"..... It's what the game dictates today, whether we like it or not.

Ravens Proud !!!!

How is it the league's fault though? Do you expect the league to just continue settling lawsuit after lawsuit and not attempt to make changes? The majority of players talking tough right now will be in the middle of a lawsuit against the league 20 years from now.

How is it the league's fault though? Do you expect the league to just continue settling lawsuit after lawsuit and not attempt to make changes? The majority of players talking tough right now will be in the middle of a lawsuit against the league 20 years from now.

It's the league that set the rule, because of the abundance of concussions amongst todays players.....They set the strike zone, and this is the results of it....It's a multi-million dollar risk factor for the player that decides to make football his career, he takes the chance of these things happening in return for the drastically overpaying salary...

How about our soldiers, who actually risk their lives for peanuts compared to an NFL player....

I find it hard to feel sorry for these NFL players, they are well paid for the risk and there are more stars that retire without concussions than with....

I tell you what I would definitely take a stab at it for that kind of money if I were a young man with athletic talent.

The NFL needs to come up with some knee and shin gear to protect these players and the rest is up to them...

It's the league that set the rule, because of the abundance of concussions amongst todays players.....They set the strike zone, and this is the results of it....It's a multi-million dollar risk factor for the player that decides to make football his career, he takes the chance of these things happening in return for the drastically overpaying salary...

How about our soldiers, who actually risk their lives for peanuts compared to an NFL player....

I find it hard to feel sorry for these NFL players, they are well paid for the risk and there are more stars that retire without concussions than with....

I tell you what I would definitely take a stab at it for that kind of money if I were a young man with athletic talent.

The NFL needs to come up with some knee and shin gear to protect these players and the rest is up to them...

You're agreeing with me. The players have no business suing the league. Without threat of lawsuits, the league would not be attempting to change the game.

It's the players' faults. Not the league's. You can't blame the league for protecting itself against lawsuits or poor publicity from the bleeding hearts out there.

Ravens Proud !!!!

Exactly

Put within the contracta waiver of liability that is iron clad.

You're agreeing with me. The players have no business suing the league. Without threat of lawsuits, the league would not be attempting to change the game.

It's the players' faults. Not the league's. You can't blame the league for protecting itself against lawsuits or poor publicity from the bleeding hearts out there.

That's normal safety protocol for any business Money, But they could put a ceiling on any personal liability and or specify the risks to handle that, that's what insurance is for.

I think the league is more concerned with public perception from being the no caring Taskmaster , while these players continue to sneak roids that give them super strength and cause injuries that they have to pay for or take on that perception with the people that make them filthy rich, the fans....

It's a long term business plan, that's all.

Either you are joking or you have no idea how the NFLPA operates.

I think he means within the boundaries of a legal contract, it's sign it or go work some 9 to 5'ver for a fraction of the money....

Hospital/Surgeons make the patient sign a disclaimer or else, why can't the NFL do the same ?

With the option: If a player decides not to sign it, their pay scale drops dramatically to cover any possible liability to the NFL.

Don't that sound fair ?