ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jamal Lewis Diagnoses Run Problems

cravnravn

Hesitation.

It’s “lethal,” says former Ravens head coach Brian Billick. It’s lethal across the board – in running backs, quarterbacks or play callers.

But hesitation is exactly what Jamal Lewis sees when he watches the Ravens run game.

The former Ravens’ back, who rumbled for more than 2,000 yards in 2003 and helped establish the smash-mouth running style in Baltimore, admitted that he had a few different years when he played with hesitation.

So he knows it when he sees it. But he also knows what it takes to correct it, and believes the Ravens are capable of doing so.

“I’ve watched [Ray] Rice and I’ve watched [bernard] Pierce and you can [see] their hesitation,” Lewis told WNST. “It’s more of one of those things, do you have confidence in the system? Do you have confidence in your offensive line? Do you have confidence in yourself that you know where everyone is supposed to be?”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1016-Jamal-Lewis-Diagnoses-Run-Problems/387fb42e-f451-4219-8ce2-b8e0a7fb3599

Here is something scary to think about: Jamal Lewis was twenty-six years old when he started his decline and the "dancing" before hitting the hole that frustrated us fans so much. Jamal had his 2,000 yard season in 2003 and a good, but injury plagued, season in 2004 (ankle injury coupled with jail time where he did not get sufficient rehab). Everyone was expecting a huge season in 2005, when Jamal should have been hitting his prime. We all thought we had an elite running back but Jamal was never the same after 2004. It's a shame because I think Jamal's later years, while he was an effective short-yardage and goal-line power back, makes us forget how explosive and a big play threat Jamal was from 2000-2004.

Rice is a lot different than Jamal. Jamal had two serious knee injuries and a serious ankle injury that became chronic by the time he was 26. Jamal also had a higher center of gravity than Ray. Rice has never had a major injury, but he has taken a lot of hits in his college and professional career. I really hope Ray rebounds to his explosive self, but we have to be reminded by Jamal that there is a possibility Ray might not.

• Upvote 1

Hesitation.

It’s “lethal,” says former Ravens head coach Brian Billick. It’s lethal across the board – in running backs, quarterbacks or play callers.

But hesitation is exactly what Jamal Lewis sees when he watches the Ravens run game.

The former Ravens’ back, who rumbled for more than 2,000 yards in 2003 and helped establish the smash-mouth running style in Baltimore, admitted that he had a few different years when he played with hesitation.

So he knows it when he sees it. But he also knows what it takes to correct it, and believes the Ravens are capable of doing so.

“I’ve watched [Ray] Rice and I’ve watched [bernard] Pierce and you can [see] their hesitation,” Lewis told WNST. “It’s more of one of those things, do you have confidence in the system? Do you have confidence in your offensive line? Do you have confidence in yourself that you know where everyone is supposed to be?”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1016-Jamal-Lewis-Diagnoses-Run-Problems/387fb42e-f451-4219-8ce2-b8e0a7fb3599

I have been screaming at Rice thru the tv about the hesitation, and how it reminded me of JL...

I'm sure the lack of blocking is still the main culprit but there is no time to weigh your options once the ball is in your hand....

It's different on a delayed play because it is designed to open a lane first, but on a normal play that lane is anticipated or has to be determined on the fly....

No time to stop and look things over, and that's what RR is doing right now....

Ravens Proud....Anyway !!!!