ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Banged Up

vmax

Ten Ravens players did not practice Wednesday, including six starters. Free safety Ed Reed (strained hip/foot), linebacker Jarret Johnson (knee/back), defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (sprained right ankle), center Matt Birk (neck), wide receiver Mark Clayton (right hamstring) and left tackle Jared Gaither (foot) sat out Wednesday's session.

Wide receiver Kelley Washington (ankle), tight end L.J. Smith (sprained left ankle), defensive tackle Brandon McKinney (back) and safety K.J. Gerard (thigh) also did not participate.

Wide receiver Derrick Mason (finger) and linebacker Terrell Suggs (sprained ligament in right knee) were limited.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/wednesdays_injury_report_3.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_football_ravens+%28Ravens+Insider%29

This team is seriously banged up and hurting. They are at the bend/break point IMO.

Already a bunch of guys are on IR.

Also Flacco's hurting.

Now...depth has covered the absence of Clayton, Ngata, and Gaither but if Johnson can't go and Suggs has a gimpy knee...then it's Ray and some Special Teamers.

OWINGS MILLS — The Baltimore Ravens could be shorthanded again at wide receiver Sunday against the Chicago Bears. Starter Mark Clayton didn’t practice Wednesday after missing the Ravens’ 48-3 win over the Detroit Lions with knee and hamstring injuries.

Plus, wide receiver Kelley Washington didn’t practice due to a sprained ankle. So, the Ravens had to go with Demetrius Williams and Justin Harper opposite veteran Derrick Mason in practice.

In another indication regarding the Ravens’ concern about their injury situation at wide receiver, they signed former CFL wide receiver Maurice Price (Calgary Stampeders, Charleston Southern) to the practice squad one day after he tried out for the team along with receiver Jason Chery.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/12/17/sports/4_ravens_notebook.txt

You just trying to pee-pee in my cheerios aren't you.

No...poop in the punch bowl...:)

Hey...the Ravens will run for 200+ yards...we get to see Williams and Harper...the big play might be there Sunday.

I don't want to see Washington injured, for he is a guy I think could step up if he was given more PT. However, like max said, this will be a huge opportunity for Williams and Harper. Williams is exactly what this offense needs, a big, fast deep threat who attacks the ball in the air. Maybe even more impressive then his deep catch was the catch on the sideline for a first down. He caught the ball with his hands and got his feet in, we are not used to having hands catchers on this team, Mason, Clayton, and Washington are all body catchers. Can D-Will step up? A receiver like D-Will stepping up could determine if we go to the playoffs or not.

Guest BallTMore
Clayton can sit for the rest of the season for all I care.

Harbaugh may agree. I know he wasn't really taking a shot, but it comes across that way. lol

Coach John Harbaugh said the depth at wide receiver is a concern.

"We've got some guys nicked up," he said. "Some young guys played a little bit last week, and they may have to play this week. We're trying to get those guys back, especially Kelley."

haha!

Mark? Mark who?

IR update....

Notes: The Ravens are expected to play without two starters on offense - tackle Jared Gaither (foot) and Clayton (hamstring and knee) - against the Bears. Gaither has been ruled out, and Clayton is listed as doubtful. For the second straight game, rookie first-round pick Michael Oher will start at left tackle and Oniel Cousins will play right tackle. It is unclear who will start for Clayton. Washington (ankle), who is listed as questionable, is considered a game-time decision. Williams would start if Clayton and Washington are sidelined. Justin Harper would become the No. 3 wide receiver. Backup defensive tackle Brandon McKinney (back) is out. Seven Ravens are listed as questionable: Washington, linebackers Jarret Johnson (knee and back) and Tavares Gooden (groin), defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (ankle), safeties Ed Reed (groin and foot) and K.J. Gerard (thigh) and tight end L.J. Smith (ankle). Three Ravens are probable: center Matt Birk ( neck), wide receiver Derrick Mason ( finger) and linebacker-defensive end Terrell Suggs (knee). ... At the end of Friday's practice, starting cornerback Lardarius Webb was running some routes as a wide receiver. Injuries could make the Ravens desperate at that position Sunday. Asked about working at wide receiver, Webb said, "Nah. I dropped a kick this week in practice, so I'm just working on my hands extra on the side." But Webb said it "would be nice" to get a shot at wide receiver. "Maybe one day in my career I would love for that to happen." ...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravens19dec19,0,675085.story

25682515.jpg