ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

First pick. Wide receiver or O lineman?

Tornado700

With how deep this draft is in WRs and OTs I think we should be able to pick up 1 of each in the first 2 rounds and be happy with what we got. Then we can look at interior O-Linemen in the 3rd onwards. We should be able to get some good players at each pick in the 1st and 2nd. Lets just hope Ozzie doesn't shit the bed and go small school O-Linemen that need developing and instead picks some guys that have proven they can play.

I agree with Oldno82. At the same time, I understand the reluctance for selecting a WR/TE given the FOs proclivity for selecting 1st round WR busts. Meanwhile, we have one of the worst OLs in the NFL; thus, we need to address and fortify immediately in this years draft.

Assuming we don't make a big FA splash and focus on just signing our own (good assumption), my preference is to first address the OL - if one of the top OL guys is there at 16 or 17 (whenever we pick).

However, if one of the top WRs (Evans/ Benjamin/Watkins) is there and we have done ALL of our diligence on each guy, then perhaps we go there.

This organization needs to recapture its draft success of years past. Its been a disappointment since the Flacco/Rice draft of 4-5 yrs ago. The team has since weathered several unimpressive drafts and the FO has run out of

mulligans. Its time for Ozzie et al to start and continue hitting home runs.

If Sammy Watkins is there at our pick it be very difficult to pass him up. Watkins would certainly validate BPA. Watkins would give us another speed threat on the outside, letting us move Torrey to the slots on some downs creating major mismatches for the defense (think of how the Steelers use their speed guys). Other than Watkins, at this early point I'm not sure if another WR would be a BPA.

I would rather go after Brandon Cooks in the second round. Joe needs his own Wes Welker, Andrew Hawkins, or TY Hilton. When Stokley was healthy, Joe threw to him a lot. We are really lacking a shorter, quick, slot receiver. Cooks has tremendous productivity. That is the type of receiver we need to go after. Not sure if we need a big receiver. Marlon Brown is going to be vastly improved another year healed from ACL surgery and a full offseason in an NFL weight room. He can fill the big possession receiver, red-zone threat. All Torrey Smith needs is an offensive coordinator who can get him the ball more on screens and quick slants to keep DBs guessing.

I think they go after the big, physical WR in the 1st or 2nd and then also look for quick "offensive weapon" around the 5th round. I use the term "offensive weapon" because it will be one of those hybrid guys. Extremely quick and fast and can line up anywhere. Will also be our return guy.

If Mike Evans falls to them, I think they jump up to the podium with his name. I also would not be surprised if they took one of the TEs in the 1st (Ebron or Amaro). The guy I really like is Jordan Matthews (who they should be able to get in the 2nd).

Evans is a stone cold badass so I wouldn't mind him. I am curious what his 40 time will be. However Kennan Allen this last draft ran a bad 40 and he tore it up for the Chargers this year. I agree Money I think grabbing a couple of receivers with different skill sets is a good idea.

Evans is a stone cold badass so I wouldn't mind him. I am curious what his 40 time will be. However Kennan Allen this last draft ran a bad 40 and he tore it up for the Chargers this year. I agree Money I think grabbing a couple of receivers with different skill sets is a good idea.

There are a couple players who I hope have bad 40 times at the combine. Evans is one and Matthews is the other. Do the Raiders need another WR? You can count on them to draft a track star that has no business going in the 1st round.

We probably don't even need a track star with Torrey here. Just a slightly faster version of PItta. I really like Ebron...

Yeah...I definitely don't want a track star. Evans and Matthews are my hopes at WR. I can't decide if I like Amaro or Ebron better. What I do know is I would be happy with either.

There are 2 types of receiver that would fit the Ravens in this draft.

Evans and Matthews are the big bodies that seem to come down with the ball every time it's thrown to them.

The other type is the lightning bugs that you get the ball to as quick as possible and let them do their thing. Guys like Lee from USC and Cooks from Oregon State would fit this type of receiver.

I don't mind which we get as we might potentially have guys that can fill the other role already on the roster. Brown for the big body spot and Deonte Thompson for the other spot (if he could ever stay healthy).