ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

High Praise for Kubiak

vmax

Eric Winston has a lot to say about Kubiak in this nice article from the Sun.

It has me excited..... :gorave:

"I think Gary can get them back to where they were when they were rolling with Ray Rice and Joe Flacco and an offensive line with Marshal Yanda and Eugene Monroe," Winston said in a telephone interview. "Those guys would work well with what Kubiak likes to do. He could get them back to more of a hard-nosed, grinding style. They could run the ball well and throw a lot of play-action passes.

"Yanda is a really good player and Monroe and Michael Oher are very athletic," Winston said. "They're really perfect fits for Gary's offense. They'll love playing in it. You get a chance to be aggressive and go out and block the hell out of people. You get a lot of choices how to block guys.

"There's a lot of deception with the offense. I loved that. There's bootlegs, shorter waggle plays, so many different ways of doing the same thing so the defense can't get a bead on it. There's screens off of every run. There are so many choices. It's a system where you can be successful."

"I would think that would be a really good thing for Pitta if he comes back. He could have a huge year. Gary will want to get the best guys out on the field and get the football in their hands out in space. He knows how to use tight ends. If you don't have tight ends like Pitta, he'll use three wide receiver groupings."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-forrmer-texans-tackle-says-ravens-hiring-kubiak-is-an-absolute-home-run-20140127,0,1796904.story#ixzz2reEsZeYM

Some people think they will fire Castillo. I say if that happens he looks weak.

111003_SCI_neuteredPets.jpg.CROP.article

Castillo would be gone already if Shanahan accepted the QB coach position. He still may, but I'm guessing he accepts the OC position in Cleveland. Bad move for him.

No kidding...what a surprise.

It was all three of them as always. They have a great working relationship and the Ravens are NOT a dysfunctional organization.

No Biscotti has delegated until now. Now I think he is getting hands on.

I thought this was a good article on it. I admit to being pretty ignorant about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_blocking

The general internet publkic writes it so you have to take it with a large grain of salt.

I am thinking more Oz and Steve.

After reading Kevin Byrnes article in Baltimore Ravens.com, I'm thinking you're wrong. Way wrong. Harbaugh did play a big role in it. Don't be like Mike preston and let your hatred for Harbaugh get in the way of the truth! One other thing" -You're a real dumbass.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1