ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Salary cap

thesteelhurtin

That won't help much for the players, older, they want to get paid. Some teams, the Skins, Raiders, will not only have the money, because of past penalties being taken off, but have few draft choices so they will over spend. However, most teams are either very talented now and need to keep their own players, or don't have the room to pay high prices for free agents.

Then you have the teams with new coaches, rarely do they over spend because they need a season to see exactly what they need for their system.

I know I've said this before, but watch, once Wilson, Kap, Griffith, Newton maybe the kid in Tampa, all come up for new contracts, teams, the NFLPA will have no choice but to increase the % of cap raise to what it used to be. Oh and it is not just the quarterbacks, there are a lot of very good young players still under their drafting contracts, who will command top dollar in the next few years.....

That won't help much for the players, older, they want to get paid. Some teams, the Skins, Raiders, will not only have the money, because of past penalties being taken off, but have few draft choices so they will over spend. However, most teams are either very talented now and need to keep their own players, or don't have the room to pay high prices for free agents.

Then you have the teams with new coaches, rarely do they over spend because they need a season to see exactly what they need for their system.

I know I've said this before, but watch, once Wilson, Kap, Griffith, Newton maybe the kid in Tampa, all come up for new contracts, teams, the NFLPA will have no choice but to increase the % of cap raise to what it used to be. Oh and it is not just the quarterbacks, there are a lot of very good young players still under their drafting contracts, who will command top dollar in the next few years.....

I think soon you are going to see CB getting close to what qb's make. Maybe not to that extreme but that will be the second highest paid position. To me it doesn't make any sense to bring the cap along this slowly it's like they are asking for another strike/lockout situation next time around.

I think soon you are going to see CB getting close to what qb's make. Maybe not to that extreme but that will be the second highest paid position. To me it doesn't make any sense to bring the cap along this slowly it's like they are asking for another strike/lockout situation next time around.

I agree, the players screwed them selves though. I am not sure about the corner money, proper technique and a little speed and boom, instant corner. A good pass rush and most anyone can be a good corner.

Players today are coming out of colege more prepared because of better coaching at the lower levels. Today, coaches actually know how to coach good technique and that carries with a player all the way up.