ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

God I hope this happens

Then why not have faith that they can find a new low level rookie to develope.

That's not what I'm worried about but they aren't going to be reading this year. Right now we have Carter as depth and that's the only reason he is still on the team. He has had zero sacks in 3 years while getting a decent amount of playing time. We need someone this year not next. Development isn't a concern right now Beachum, Foster, Williams, Garvin, Mclendon, da beard, Allen, and Johnson are all late round picks or udfa but most of those took time to develop. I think they will take an olb late and most likely Shimbo from Note Dame but to say he is going to come in and be ready to be the top back up is a stretch. Sometimes you need a band aid for a year and that is what Harrison is. He knows the system, he is healthy, and him and porter will bring a much needed attitude back to the defense.

The Steelers are not going to compete for a title this yr so there is nop need to waste spots on guys who are not going to help going forward. These are the same arguments I have made about the Ravens. There is no difference.

I think they will especially if they get a offensive weapon in the first. They weren't supposed to be good in 05 or 08 either. They had a lot of young guys get a lot of experience last year and they started playing really well towards the end.

The Ravens should have cut Ray loose earlier. That yr they let him get to FA I said to let him wlak.

he still played at a pretty good level and a great level if you were using him as a back up. If they were signing Harrison as a starter I would be completely against. From what I'm reading if he sign for the vet min he will count for like 270k against the cap to me that's a no brainer for a backup.
  • Upvote 1

They did they got one that ran a 4.39 40 to cover the back end and let troy do what troy does. Also troy won't be lining up as a lber in the sub packages like he had to most of last year.

Speed means Jack shit in the nfl, I don't care if he ran a 2.9, if he can't cover his shadow, he's worthless

he still played at a pretty good level and a great level if you were using him as a back up. If they were signing Harrison as a starter I would be completely against. From what I'm reading if he sign for the vet min he will count for like 270k against the cap to me that's a no brainer for a backup.

The yr before he was going to be a FA they should have dangled him.

Unless he can finagle a good size SB. And also a young guy who could be of value would be able to go to another team. If the Ravens had locked up Jeff Saturday when he was young they would not have wasted all those yrs with Flynn.

The Steelers normally carry 5 olbs sometimes 6 right now we have 3 plenty of room for any young guys that show promise.