ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Just did our taxes

cravnravn

Crav... no one disagrees that it's rude. But the point here is that it's not an offense or a rudeness worth being shot over.

And yet, in Florida, people ARE getting shot over it.

So, your "oh, they'd have to think twice" is resulting in exactly the opposite... Instead of thinking twice, people who are angry are able to quickly and WITHOUT THINKING fire at people they find "rude."

Seriously, I can't tell if you think we're just talking hypotheticals or if you're just that dense. But there's a 16 year old dead for playing his music too loud at a gas station ... and in Florida all the guy had to do was say, "It made me afraid." Who in that case "should have thought twice?"

There's a guy in Florida dead because the guy behind him was mad about his texting - during the previews, just to clarify. Once again, who there should have thought twice? Because in that case, the old man didn't think twice, he just fired.

But sure, give everyone a gun and it will certainly reduce our likelihood of committing crimes. Instead, it will make us all much quicker to shoot. People talk about arming teachers to prevent school shootings. Absurd. Schools see teachers throw chairs and curse out students on a regular basis - and students do much worse of course. What happens if there's a gun in those situations?

#1 reason I'm not moving to Florida -- Crav is there and seems pretty clear he'd acquit my killer because "I should've thought twice" before bumping into someone in the men's room.

It's taken me two years to comprehend this thinking, you better know what you are doing, every stupid move you make has a consequence, I have no problem living in a right to carry state.

And yes I agree the dude that shot the kid for music overstepped, I would have walked over and asked the kid wtf? But the old man Gets hi 5s all around.

Edited by cravnravn

I don't necessarily have a problem with right to carry. I don't think it's bright, but I don't know that it's any worse than what we have now.

I do have a problem with "Stand Your Ground" - which is really called "no requirement to retreat" - because it outright justifies aggressive behavior instead of acknowledging and requiring that, even if the other person is being rude, you do not just get to be equally rude back.

We all talked about this re: George Zimmerman last summer. Self defense should be an affirmative defense. You should have to prove you were in danger and that there were no viable means to do other that attack. You should also have to prove the aggressive actions of the other party. (Maybe Zimmerman did that). But Stand Your Ground says much the opposite, you don't have to retreat, you don't have to consider other options and you don't have to actually be in harm you just have to "feel" the possibility of harm to justify becoming an aggressor.

Carry a gun, fine. But use a gun and be ready to explain yourself and face the consequences.

hope that old man gets shot

just because

he puts someone in fear for their safety

"No your Honor, The old man is Bat Shit Crazy and I feared for my safety."

Oh, he just had the shits?

Well when he barged into the restroom and there was only one square left on the roll......

Why the wow? People are fed up, they go out to have a good time not worry about some punks that want to rob the place.

What are you talking about? You know full well, why the wow. Old man gets a high five for shooting a kid because he's playing loud music.

43020700.jpg

Yes there are, but the robber better be aware that there's a chance that his victim might fire back.

But you're so confident the guy in MD would've been shot in FL... except... when those robbers aren't shot.

sharks use stand your ground law on two surfers in new Smyrna

these punk ass surfers just jumped right into our swimming area splashing and kicking making noise

sharks use stand your ground law on two surfers in new Smyrna

these punk ass surfers just jumped right into our swimming area splashing and kicking making noise

Yup for some unknown reason these surfers insist on surfing down by the inlet, that is a known fact that is where the majority of the bites happen. Surfing in florida meh I don't get it, I wouldn't get out the boogie board, waves are tiny compared to ocean city waves

Don't make excuse for the robbers now, their intent was to break the law,

How is my statement making an excuse for anyone? Person A walks by, knocks on door, runs to cops for help and Persons B-Z shoot Person A. This happens! In what universe is Person A automatically a criminal?