ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Just did our taxes

cravnravn

Ahh I remember those days fondly. I seem to get less and less back every year from the IRS.

Longer you own a home, the less interest you pay... Less of a credit!

But they've also cut a lot of credits in the last five years.

In the end, what it really means of course is that I lent the gov more $$ over the year. My paychecks were smaller than they should have been!

Major taxes collected in Florida include sales and use tax, intangible tax and corporate income taxes. Information regarding these and additional taxes can be located from the list below. There is no personal income tax in Florida.

• Florida Sales Tax: Florida sales tax rate is 6%.
  • Florida State Tax: Florida does not have a state income tax.
  • Florida Corporate Income Tax: Corporations that do business and earn income in Florida must file a corporate income tax return (unless they are exempt).
  • Florida Property Tax: Florida Property Tax is based on market value as of January 1st that year.

he does

of course he was dodging tornado warnings yesterday and come june 1st

he'll start bitching about his flood insurance during hurricane season

my flood insurance in NC is necessary

i just like giving cravn a hardtime

in florida and tn i save income taxes and in the other states usually 10 -15 a year i claim taxes and get most back

if he focused more on cleaning the pool so we could have a pool party he would come out way ahead

he does

of course he was dodging tornado warnings yesterday and come june 1st

he'll start bitching about his flood insurance during hurricane season

my flood insurance in NC is necessary

i just like giving cravn a hardtime

in florida and tn i save income taxes and in the other states usually 10 -15 a year i claim taxes and get most back

if he focused more on cleaning the pool so we could have a pool party he would come out way ahead

Those storms were wicked as he'll, I'm not worried about June 1, it's the winter storms that the weather channel has started to name, our deductive goes us 10x during a named storm.

My generation won't see pensions unless you work for the state. I have pre-tax IRAs that will be taxed when removed. Other post-tax IRAs that will be tax-free when removed. Good balance. But simply the reality for anyone under 35 (and maybe older) these days. Pensions just don't exist.

That of course is all federal - the state taxes hardly make a difference to me. And I'd rather enjoy the services of a taxed state than suffer from the lack thereof in undertaxed areas.

My generation won't see pensions unless you work for the state. I have pre-tax IRAs that will be taxed when removed. Other post-tax IRAs that will be tax-free when removed. Good balance. But simply the reality for anyone under 35 (and maybe older) these days. Pensions just don't exist.

That of course is all federal - the state taxes hardly make a difference to me. And I'd rather enjoy the services of a taxed state than suffer from the lack thereof in undertaxed areas.

You are in the teachers union? Thought for sure they had a pension.

6% is 6% more in the pocket, when you reach the age of retirement every dollar helps. That is why we originally left Baltimore for Pa. That and the cost of land was so much cheaper. Then Pa almost made it impossible to live with the tax hikes over the years. In 11 years our taxes almost tripled.

Fyi you really want to make your ira or pension work, try to be mortgage free when taking it.

Private school - no union and pension program ended in 09. Other benefits are better though.

6% is fine but I still want services. And both states you moved to are nnotoriously lacking