ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2010 Schedule Announced

colincac

This team as it is now has some issues so why it would be assumed that we would address and correct those issues and not have any new ones through turnover, age or even performance is beyond me. I hope we are better next year, but at this point I dont think we can be sure at all.

And we need to be better, a lot of seasons 9-7 wouldnt get us into the playoffs.

Yeah but Cedric Benson ran all over us and I have a feeling Ricky Williams and Reggie Brown could find some holes... They put up plenty of points on the Jets twice over, who by the numbers have a defense as stronger or stronger than ours. And our D last year is not our D this year.

Once again, it all goes back to the QB: Palmer >> Henne. Chad Johnson and the Bengals receivers >>>>> the Phins receivers.

As for last season's defense being better than this year's, it might be true but not as much as you would think. Last year we were #2 in the league, this year we were #3. In relative measure to last season, the higher ranked defenses this season allowed more yards than defenses last season. In a sense, most of the defenses in the NFL were worse this year than last year. We just have to face it, the NFL is becoming an offensive game with all the penalties that favor the offense.

The stat I care about is points allowed and the D is #3 in that.

I think the D can be better next year and they are the weak link as far as age and turnover. Reed and Pryce may be gone. Ray will be 1 year older and even he can't beat Father Time. Guys like Kruger, Ellerbe, Barnes, are getting valuable PT. Suggs should be bback healthy...and better. Don't forget Ayambadejo and Nakamura will be back

Then there's the draft and FA to bring in a gem or two...Ozzie will find them...Maybe a safety like Areanas.

The D needs to get younger so it can play faster so turnover in 2010 is necessary.

Yet Webb will be back and Foxworth has settled down and played well. It's Revis who makes the Jets D work. He shuts down one side of the field so they can bring pressure from anywhere. You need solid corners or your D is limited. The Ravens can have that next year. So they can blitz more....use more schemes....more looks.

Also...Mattesons second year with these guys....that will pay off. He's done a great job to have these guys at #3 given the injuries and loss of personel.

The offense will be better and that will help the D.

This should be a soild team next year.

23456372134880-03192524.JPG