ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2010 Schedule Announced

colincac

Home: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver

Away: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, N.Y. Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston

We play the AFC East and the NFC South, so it gets much easier for us next year. We also play 2nd place teams Denver and Houston, both of whom should be solid but very very beatable. Either way, a non-playoff season next year would be very disappointing.

And speaking of tough and first rank schedules, in 2009 we played instead of Pittsburgh the first.. Indy+Pats! While Steelers played against the third ranked Phins and Titans, so much for tough schedules, fitting Steelers ended third as well.

In 2010, sorry Cincy you are not pittsburgh you play Indy+Bolts.

Wait. We don't play Indy next year? Something must be wrong...

I think you mean this year..And yes we do, 8:15pm next Saturday.

Also for 2011 we have Indy on our schedule, AT the ATM :)

I was just about to say that Crav, you beat me to it! I am glad to see we are on the same homer network!

No patsies on this schedule - only possible exceptions are Tampa and Buffalo.

Blaaaa, Leaveland 2x, Buffalo, Denver, Tampa, Houston, Cinncy, Atlanta, Carolina,

Theres 9 wins..Cant wait for the Atlanta game, we can showcase the "real" rookie of the year..

Blaaaa, Leaveland 2x, Buffalo, Denver, Tampa, Houston, Cinncy, Atlanta, Carolina,

Theres 9 wins..Cant wait for the Atlanta game, we can showcase the "real" rookie of the year..

Crav,

Let me guess, 15-1 and punch your playoff tickets now ?

Everyone else is a bubble or playoff team.

Very comparable to this years schedule.

As stated already, it is still very early and many studs could turn to duds and vice-versa. But I do not see this schedule as anywhere near as brutal as this year's. For the out of division games, Buffalo, Miami, Tampa Bay, Denver, the NYJ, and Carolina do not scare me one bit. We usually do very well against teams without an elite QB. Add in the anual Cleveland sweep and that is seven wins. Atlanta and Houston are games we should win, although I could see Houston as a team that takes a major step forward next season. New Orleans, Pittsburgh, New England, and Cincy and the only very tough games. Compare that to this year with games against Pittsburgh, Cincy, Minny, New England, Indy, San Diego, and Green Bay and this year is definitely more brutal at this point in time. Assuming we split with Pittsburgh and Cincy, that gives us nine wins we should have. That leaves four games against New England, Houston, New Orleans, and Atlanta where if we win two of those we have a good chance of winning eleven games. Of course, we need to see how this offseason shakes out and how teams look in training camp.

NE, Cincy x2, Pitt x2, New Orleans (and that passing game), Atlanta, Miami, NYJ, Denver...

None of those games are particularly patsy pansy easy... so I don't know where this "no worries" attitude comes from.

Not to say the philosophy shouldn't be 'Why Not 19-0?'

A lot of night games I am seeing for the drama....Atlanta (two QBs same draft), Jets (Rex Ryan revenge), at least one PITT game, New England (retribution either way from this year).

We win all home games with one upset...Lose PITT and New England, maybe Cincinnati

12-4.

Hopefuly there are not hurricanes in Houston this time....Match up is definitely better this coming year!

None of those games are particularly patsy pansy easy... so I don't know where this "no worries" attitude comes from.

Dc, do you not agree that Foxworth is improved?? Webb at the other corner, We could have a decent defensive backfield in the making.

For as bad as "we" say our DB's are we are ranked 7th overall in the pass coverage category..

Now we have to hope that after we win the super bowl that other teams dont go after our coaches.

As stated already, it is still very early and many studs could turn to duds and vice-versa. But I do not see this schedule as anywhere near as brutal as this year's. For the out of division games, Buffalo, Miami, Tampa Bay, Denver, the NYJ, and Carolina do not scare me one bit. We usually do very well against teams without an elite QB. Add in the anual Cleveland sweep and that is seven wins. Atlanta and Houston are games we should win, although I could see Houston as a team that takes a major step forward next season. New Orleans, Pittsburgh, New England, and Cincy and the only very tough games. Compare that to this year with games against Pittsburgh, Cincy, Minny, New England, Indy, San Diego, and Green Bay and this year is definitely more brutal at this point in time. Assuming we split with Pittsburgh and Cincy, that gives us nine wins we should have. That leaves four games against New England, Houston, New Orleans, and Atlanta where if we win two of those we have a good chance of winning eleven games. Of course, we need to see how this offseason shakes out and how teams look in training camp.

When this season started I would say no. And it migth be the case later.

First our own division will they improve? At this point I would say yes!

Cincys defense is for real, there offense migth improve, seems like they have to make some hard choice there, involving ocho stinko.

Shitsburgh, their offense will be good next year, their defense is probably declining, but how fast?

The Browns, they have to do something about QB, at least they can only improve at that position, and I do like there OL/DL and from there you will always be in the games, they have a lot of draftpicks to make something happend.

AFC East compared to AFC West.. KC and Raiders stinks more than Bills, and Broncos, more questionmarks than Jets and Phins.

NFC S compared to NFC N.. Before this season it was easy the South was probably better team for team, now more even.

Broncos and Tex seems like a piece of cake compared to Pats and Colts, maybe Broncos can improve from now and Tex is one of the most talented teams. Colts and Pats will decline sooner or later.

I would tentatively pencil in a 10-6 or 11-5 season depending on how the draft goes. If Ozzie blows it and our offense does not come out of the draft and free agency with at least 2 legit WR prospects then it becomes another 9-7 season in my books. Here is hoping he can bring back Mason as well.

I didn't say we couldn't win... I didn't say I expect a loss...

I just know better than to EXPECT a win from this team against any decent opponents.

Be real. This year and last... playoff teams got under our skin in the regular season. The Jets, worthy or not, are a playoff team and ranked ahead of us even. I don't see Sanchez eating us up (this year or next)... but that defense is pretty worthy against our inconsistent offense.

Miami? You don't think their tricks could thrash us the way San Diego's little games did?

And Denver we devoured this year, and I hope we can devour again next year, but who knows.

That's all. I'm not penciling any W's against anyone decent.

Yeah but Cedric Benson ran all over us and I have a feeling Ricky Williams and Reggie Brown could find some holes... They put up plenty of points on the Jets twice over, who by the numbers have a defense as stronger or stronger than ours. And our D last year is not our D this year.