ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Who we almost signed, and Rays statue blunder

Oldschool739

http://russellstreetreport.com/ravens-rumormill-lewis-statue-london-calling-new-uniforms-and-more/

It is no secret that one of the Ravens’ offseason objectives was and is to find a free safety to pair up with Matt Elam. Word is that Ozzie Newsome and his merry band of capable front office execs had their collective sights set on former Bill Jairus Byrd. The Ravens were said to be close to a 5-year deal with the 3-time All Pro until the Saints came marching in.

The Ravens were prepared to offer Mack nearly an identical deal that they gave to Eugene Monroe but Mack’s demands were a bit too extreme.

You may recall that the Ruth statue portrays the native Baltimorean with a right-handed baseball glove. Luery’s first rendition of the Lewis statue had him wearing No. 55.

Did you read the part about Blount not wanting the pot clause? I'm kind of glad we didn't get him now

No, I missed that one, but now I see why BB didn't want him back.....I am still in amazement of the artist's mistakes on the statues....I mean who on the planet doesn't know Ray's number was 52 ??? WOW !!