ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

woah... deep

dc.

I am pretty captivated by his justification for a 'supreme being' using the limits of our sensory perception. Very Thomas Aquinas of him. (Though he later goes anti-monotheism, which is less convincing... especially when he describes monotheistic religion as being individualistic... certainly not as 'earth-focused' as traditional 'pagan' religions, but hardly individualistic)

Good God...he's studied The Learning TriAngle!

He too, has Knowledge of things they are not wanting you to know!

The mind only knows what it can receive through the 5 senses. See, feel, touch, taste and hear.

Therefore it can not comprehend the "Infinite". It's very limited and worse, we identify with it. We think "It's us"!

Once you "get it" that's there's more than just your 5 senses then questions like "Who am I and Why am I here?" become very exciting.

I also like the argument that:

first - there are more sense that we either don't acknowledge or can't even really comprehend. But is emotion not a "sense?" Is "yearning" for companionship not a sense? We only pay attention to the tangible sense

second - even the sense we have are exceptionally limited, but we never acknowledge that in our daily life. You saw what you saw... but what didn't you see simply because our eyes don't see them? AHHHH.

We can't comprehend more than the 5 senses because Mind is limited by them.

The only way to "know" more is to do what Brand and many others do....get your own experience.

How? Go within.

What's that? Deep meditation.

What's the right way? Get a teacher.

It's said that your soul has it's own senses. Separate from the physical. That's why it can "See" in the ehteric and astral realms and other realms. But it does not see like you and, I so when you try to describe what you saw "Beyond mind" it has to be filtered by the mind to be expressed in thought and speech. The mind has no words for it.

God is beyond Mind.

That's why you hear people saying they saw magnificent white light....it's way more than that, but that's all that can expressed because it's filtered though your mind.

What is "Beyond Mind" is beyond our ability to communicate. It doesn't translate.

But you can "Know".

Oh...you said "yearning" dc. Huge word....as in "There's got to be something more".

It's the beginning of the trip.

Edited by vmax

I also like the argument that:

first - there are more sense that we either don't acknowledge or can't even really comprehend. But is emotion not a "sense?" Is "yearning" for companionship not a sense? We only pay attention to the tangible sense

second - even the sense we have are exceptionally limited, but we never acknowledge that in our daily life. You saw what you saw... but what didn't you see simply because our eyes don't see them? AHHHH.

I was reading an article about how dogs have emotions like empathy. So that gets to other animals being connected. They know an earthquake is coming before it arrives. The animals turned tail and ran for high ground before that pacific tsunami. Makes you think if there is a sense they have that we lost maybe.

We can't comprehend more than the 5 senses because Mind is limited by them.

The only way to "know" more is to do what Brand and many others do....get your own experience.

How? Go within.

What's that? Deep meditation.

What's the right way? Get a teacher.

It's said that your soul has it's own senses. Separate from the physical. That's why it can "See" in the ehteric and astral realms and other realms. But it does not see like you and, I so when you try to describe what you saw "Beyond mind" it has to be filtered by the mind to be expressed in thought and speech. The mind has no words for it.

God is beyond Mind.

That's why you hear people saying they saw magnificent white light....it's way more than that, but that's all that can expressed because it's filtered though your mind.

What is "Beyond Mind" is beyond our ability to communicate. It doesn't translate.

But you can "Know".

Oh...you said "yearning" dc. Huge word....as in "There's got to be something more".

It's the beginning of the trip.

All the tribal civilizations such as native americans who would use payote or other substances to reach another level of consciousness. Many of these peoples had vast knowledges that have been lost and we are still trying to learn again.

I am at work using an older PC still running XP and when I watch videos, even Youtube ones there is about a 40% chance my PC will crash. When it does, it takes forever to boot back up. However, I like Scarlett and havent seen that trailer and I am bored so I guess I will risk it.

14271.jpg "I just sent Brand an email offering him a free lifetime membership to ER. He should fit right in. We're probably the only people who understand him."

Only problem with that movie concept is that the 10% thing is a lie. Only 10%is used in conscious activity... But pretty much the other 90%in full is running at all times for involuntary or subconscious activity that keeps us alive!