ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It's only in shorts...

vmax

During OTA's the Ravens practice in shorts and there's no hitting, but with that in mind, I like what I'm hearing....and seeing. There are a ton of video's on the Ravens website.

Ray Rice is back to form. He has the burst and second gear back. Forsett has been turning heads.

Torry Smith and Steve Smith are catching everything. I hear nobody can remember a ball thrown to Steve hitting the ground and he has Torry comming back for the ball. Torry has been making spectacular catches while being well covered.

Arthur Brown has added 8 lbs of muscle while not losing any speed. He wants to start.

Pita and the receivers love Kubiaks system. It's made to order for a lot of catches, yardage and TD's.

Joe is throwing very well.

Jimmy Smith is hitting the next level which for him is INT's.

The combo of Eugene Monroe-Kelechi Osemele is developing into a strong point on the line.They are developing a solid working relationship that will pay off in road grading and KO knowing when he can slide protection to the middle.

And....Eisenberg writes a nice article here about the whole team being hungry and wanting to prove that, as individuals and as a team, last year was a fluke....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-ALL-Ravens-Players-Have-Something-To-Prove/6def1e1c-9f39-433b-aede-648124d09aa4

On Brandon Williams...."He’s explosive, he’s quick, but he’s playing [with good] fundamentals. [Defensive line coach] Clarence [brooks] has done a great job with him. I’m looking forward to when the pads get on, just to see how he does. The young defensive line looks good right now, but you know we’re out here running around in shorts.”

Williams is noticeably leaner than a year ago.

Strength is a major asset for Williams, who bench pressed 225 pounds 38 times at the NFL scouting combine and has bench pressed 525 pounds. He's well-known for a viral YouTube video of him walking on his hands.

"I've had a good offseason. I've been working out doing cardio and a bunch of other stuff," Williams said. "I'm lighter and leaner. I've gotten a little stronger.

"Definitely, the mental aspect of the game I know that a lot better. I know what to expect now. It's going to be good."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-harbaugh-impressed-with-brandon-williams-explosiveness-quickness-20140606,0,49097.story#ixzz3438qCuFL

The defensive line is going to be outstanding this year. Brandon Williams is a beast in the making, Jerrigan looks like the promised deal, and Kapron-Moore is now ready to do the things he did while dominating at Notre Dame. Our back ups would start on most teams.

No running on the Ravens D line this year. Ooowhaaa!

• Upvote 1

The defensive line is going to be outstanding this year. Brandon Williams is a beast in the making, Jerrigan looks like the promised deal, and Kapron-Moore is now ready to do the things he did while dominating at Notre Dame. Our back ups would start on most teams.

No running on the Ravens D line this year. Ooowhaaa!

:bow: :gorave: AGREE!

The veteran wideout (Steve Smith) was all over the field during practice, hauling in passes down the sidelines and over the middle. Nothing thrown his way hit the ground.

Smith practices at a high level, and he was consistently running away from defenders. During one play in 11-on-11 drills, Smith was clearly fired up after catching a pass over cornerback Lardarius Webb down the sideline. He jumped up from the ground, pounded his chest and came running back to the huddle.

“He is just so competitive,” Kubiak said. “He brings an edge to practice all the time. He challenges people as far as how you play and how you go about doing things. And he challenges coaches too. Every good offense I’ve been around, I’ve had a few players saying, ‘Give me the ball, Coach.’ That’s a good thing and that’s what you want. He works to get the ball. That’s impressive.”

In addition to the big plays from Smith, here were some of the other highlights from practice:

•Running back Ray Rice also had an impressive day on the field. He made a one-handed snag at one point, and had several plays where he showed a good burst out of the backfield. He took a pitch during an 11-on-11 drill and beat everybody to the edge to get upfield. He seems to have regained the speed that was lacking because of a hip injury last season.

•he offense overall was sharp. This was the group’s best practice that has been open to the media. Quarterback Joe Flacco was on target with his throws and didn’t have a single interception during the full-team drills.

•Tight end Owen Daniels is coming along nicely in the offense, and he seems like he’ll be a nice fit at tight end. Flacco threw his way several times throughout the afternoon, and he could end up becoming a nice safety blanket when the Ravens need a first down.

•Rookie first-round pick C.J. Mosley looks fluid on the field. As the linebackers went through pass coverage drills, he drifted backwards and made several impressive grabs.

•Wide receiver Michael Campanaro (hamstring) and Aaron Mellette (knee) were both back on the field participating in full-team drills after missing some time earlier during OTAs. Neither showed any lingering signs of injuries that held them out of action earlier.

•Fullback Kyle Juszczyk had a nice touchdown catch over the middle of the field at the end of practice, and then he dunked the ball over the goal posts as part of a little celebration. Good thing he didn’t try that in a game. That celebration will be a penalty this season.

•The practice playlist continues to have variety, including some Kanye West, the Killers and Pearl Jam.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/OTA-Highlights-Steve-Smith-Srs-Best-Practice/10fb17d8-050a-48cf-9054-6bbbed927c67

I know...it's just shorts.... :gorave:

tempParade001--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wi

Edited by vmax