ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I have no problem with this...

vmax

He's lucky to be alive...and still have his...

Florida police chief has no issue with dad who says he beat up son's sex attacker

July 19 (Reuters) - A Florida police chief has caused a media stir by saying he is looking the other way after a father severely beat a man he caught sexually assaulting his 11-year-old son.

The father called Daytona Beach police on Friday to report he had interrupted his son being assaulted, and could be heard telling a dispatcher he left the attacker "nice and knocked out" and "in a puddle of blood" on the floor.

Raymond Frolander, 18, faces a felony sexual battery charge on a victim under 12-years-old, according to a police charging affidavit. The father had not been charged in the beating.

"We observed the defendant laying motionless on the living room floor with several knots on his face and bleeding from his mouth," police wrote in the affidavit.

Daytona Beach Police Chief Michael Chitwood, asked by a local CNN affiliate whether he had any issue with the father's actions, said: "Not as a police chief and not as a father."

Media photos show pictures of Frolander severely beaten, with bloodied lips, bruises around his swollen eyes, and scratches on his neck.

Reuters could not independently confirm Chitwood's statement. He did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

This is one sorry ass piece of shit...

8EB1FFD14A795B11CBD7411D6273AD.jpg

All I meant was that his right to defend his child had nothing to do with right to carry. This was all in his house, no need for right to carry to own a gun in your own home.

Right to carry is a totally separate issue.

Meanwhile, I don't like killing people. I understand the visceral response many people have to things like this, but I don't like killing people. I think this father did well, defended his cold, imposed some rough justice and still allowed for the system to play it's part.

Agreed. Even disregarding the idea of killing people in the first place (which I am much more for than the average Marylander, for instance), the father did what can only be defined as the right thing by not killing the kid.

My only issue is that it does feel a little bit strange to be able to do that to someone and not only walk away, but hear a police chief tell the world that he has no problem with it whatsoever. I don't know what the father could have done otherwise (I'm proud of him for even stopping, considering how I'd feel as a father in that situation), but it really does feel awkward criminally that the father faces no charges for it. That's a good awkward feeling, I hope.

You misunderstood me, this has absolutely nothing to do with right to carry. If I catch a thug raping my child, I don't care what is around me it's going into his orface, if it kills him, oh well,,, do you honestly think that now that he is alive and caught that our system will rehab him? Don't kid yourself, my way for that pos to go is humane,,,

And DC, you should feel my view

You misunderstood me, this has absolutely nothing to do with right to carry. If I catch a thug raping my child, I don't care what is around me it's going into his orface, if it kills him, oh well,,, do you honestly think that now that he is alive and caught that our system will rehab him? Don't kid yourself, my way for that pos to go is humane,,,

And DC, you should feel my view

But you did make it about right to carry, which is what I was calling out.

If you mean I should feel your way because I'm a dad, I understand. And in moments of legitimate imminent violence,I would act to protect my family (friends or anyone really). But I really oppose killing of any alternative exists, no matter the vengeance I am feeling. At least I hope I can maintain that in my worst hour.