ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Signing Hill is just plain stupid

vmax

Are you serious? It doesn't matter if he was to play ss or fs, the fact remains, he was late getting into position and or out of position many, many times. His suppsed coverage ability came into question numerous times last year. He struggled with the concepts of the defense all last year and now we have the team signing not only another safety (who can play either) but one with a troubled past who is being suspended for six games this year, one more issue and he will be gone for a long time.

Add to that, this player, who came from another team, has picked up the defense quickly, so much so, the DC pointed him out. This speaks volumes to both current young safeties that they need to pick things up. Come on papa, you are smarter than this....

It very much matters. It is not the same position. It would be like asking Smith to play OLB in a pinch. Instead of playing without thinking he is thinking about what he should do and then does it. That is why he would be late. Have you ever played football in an orginized way? When you first get out there you are trying to remember what you are supposed to do on a play. Eventually you just know and do your job.

I think it was loud & clear to the entire secondary...

So I guess you think Pees is a liar. He is saying he is very happy at safety and stressed at CB.

It very much matters. It is not the same position. It would be like asking Smith to play OLB in a pinch. Instead of playing without thinking he is thinking about what he should do and then does it. That is why he would be late. Have you ever played football in an orginized way? When you first get out there you are trying to remember what you are supposed to do on a play. Eventually you just know and do your job.

So I guess you think Pees is a liar. He is saying he is very happy at safety and stressed at CB.

Yes, I played football for close to 12 years, thank you, was very successful and have studied the game for now 40 years. But that does not matter. what does is that he was not asked to play "in a pinch", that would be understandable. He had all of the offseason & camps, preseason games and a full 16 games to learn the system and could not . Yes, because he is young, yes, because of his "talent" like every othr player he gets more time to learn the schemes.

Calling Pees a liar, how do you get that papa? You do know, in fact I know you knw, we have dicussed this many years ago on the other board, coaches sometimes use the media to send messages to players.

Yes, Hill is that talented as Pees said, but as I said, there is no way the Ravens bring him in, then go so far as to mention him in a presser, unless other players need to step up. One more screw up and Hill is out for a year or more. Factor in the fact the Ravens used two solid draft picks on the safety position the past two years pretty much tells you they did not need depth at the position unless one or more of the players in the secondary are not meeting expectations. We know Brown is struggling, a player they were counting on to break out at corner. Which means, with Webb injured, again, cough, couch, Stewart has to slide over, if even in practice...

So why would the Ravens, thin at corner, sign a suspended for 6 games, on his last strike safety if both safeties, young, were living up to expectations?

Oh since he was a rookie playing a new position with a new defensive scheme and only a short time to learn the D it is his fault. I love how fans are ready to dump rookies after a short time. Hilarious.

Papa, re-read what I stated. I gave him grace for being a rookie and learning a new system; hint-every rookie goes through that process. However, lest I remind you, I was not a fan of the Ravens drafting him for this very reason- not very bright. Will he prove me wrong? Maybe, but so far, nothing he has done has shown he will.