ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Troy Smith Wants to Be a Brown

ForceEight

He sure wants out of town...

Quarterback Troy Smith currently plays for the franchise that used to be the Cleveland Browns. (Cue the Browns fans either who insist that the Ravens were never the Browns or who get pissed at us for mentioning it.) Now, Smith wants to play for the franchise that currently is the Cleveland Browns.

Smith made his preferences known in a recent interview with Mark "Munch" Bishop of ESPN Radio's Cleveland affiliate.

"There is no doubt about it," Smith said regarding his desire to play for the Browns. "It has always been a childhood dream of mine. It's funny how we always talk about Cleveland. That's the first thing that comes to mind with anything I do whether I get a chance to come home and be a part of that organization or not. You know, I would love to get that chance if that opportunity comes up, but the political and right thing to say in this situation is that I would love to be anywhere that would give me a chance. But, without a doubt, there would be no second guessing in my mind if I could come back home and be a part of something that I love."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/30/troy-smith-wants-to-play-for-the-browns/

Sure, if they are willing to give us a 2nd/3rd round pick, give them Troy Smith. Former OSU teammate Donte' Whitner of the Buffalo Bills is lobbying for the Bills to trade for Troy Smith.

I say give the man what he wants. Go ahead and pull the trigger, Ozzie... Troy Smith straight-up for Donte Whitner. ;)

I've got to think that the Browns are one of the least likely destinations for Troy, if not the least likely. Within the division, loaded at QB... If he wants out, I doubt it will be within the AFC, no less the AFC North.

Holmgren supposedly doesn't like either of his QBs, so I definitely wouldn't say that the Browns are loaded at that position.

And wouldn't Troy have to be worth a first round pick? At least a high second? He'd be a starter at his new destination.

Holmgren supposedly doesn't like either of his QBs, so I definitely wouldn't say that the Browns are loaded at that position.

And wouldn't Troy have to be worth a first round pick? At least a high second? He'd be a starter at his new destination.

Cassel was not only going to be the starter at KC, but signed a ridiculous contract when he got there, and he went for a 2nd. Schaub went for a 2nd as well. So no, Smith isn't at that level. 3rd or 4th is we're lucky, and we won't be lucky.

Cassel was not only going to be the starter at KC, but signed a ridiculous contract when he got there, and he went for a 2nd. Schaub went for a 2nd as well. So no, Smith isn't at that level. 3rd or 4th is we're lucky, and we won't be lucky.

And the Patriots were blasted for taking only a second for Cassel. I understand that, in terms of trade value, Smith is more along the lines of Schaub than Cassel, but a second rounder has to be closer to his value than a 3rd or 4th. Especially considering how much the Ravens want to keep him.

And the Patriots were blasted for taking only a second for Cassel. I understand that, in terms of trade value, Smith is more along the lines of Schaub than Cassel, but a second rounder has to be closer to his value than a 3rd or 4th. Especially considering how much the Ravens want to keep him.

"Blasted" is a little much. I didn't even think Cassel was worth a second-rounder. The only reason anyone at all was "surprised" by the 2nd round value was because reporters and analysts had overblown how much interest there was in the guy. In reality, no one was ever giving up that high of a pick for him. And as soon as the draft-weekend passed, and Cassel signed his new contract, no one talked about him for the remainder of the off-season (and season, for that matter). Cassel's "trade value" was all pre-draft fluff, when there really was never much to it except one team trying to unload $14 million of cap room for an unproven player.

Troy Smith is a loser. the Brows are a losing orginization....Send him there..Please...He'll be out of the league in 9 months..

So what you're saying is that our #2 quarterback isn't even good enough to stay in the NFL for another season? That doesn't say much for our front office and coaching staff...

You're in rare form today.

Hey Troy! The Browns showed their love by passing on you 6 times on draft day!

I really don't want him on the team now that he's shown he's dumb enough to want to go to the Elephant Graveyard.

The moron is under contract, has accomplished nothing in the NFL, can't crack the starting lineup...who the hell does he think he is?

You can bet this pisses the Front Office off. They do not and will not negotiate in the press.

You can bet this pisses the Front Office off. They do not and will not negotiate in the press.

Just once, I'd like to see a team negotiate in the press. What would that look like?

Ozzie to Mike Preston: "Tell Troy that if he wants a trade, he'd better find a team that's willing to give up a 3rd and a 5th rounder.

Troy to Ken Murray: "See if Ozzie would take a 3rd this year and a conditional pick in 2011.

Ozzie: "Have Cleveland throw in the rights to Mike Furrey and we have a deal."

id rather be the backup for a team thats in the playoffs each year, than the starter for a team that will finish in dead last in the division, maybe conference and league. And its F-ed up because all i have heard about troy since he joined the ravens is what a great teammate and member of the community he is. Let him go, We all know Flacco is not giving up is spot anytime soon.