ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens notes

vmax

Some random notes on the Ravens this week...

The Baltimore Ravens are not raising ticket prices in 2010.

The Ravens had a packed house in Owings Mills this week, as all of their coaches and personnel staffers were on hand for the yearly tradition of dissecting the roster.

From Monday to Wednesday, the group goes through every player to rate their contributions from the 2009 campaign and forecast them for 2010.

“It’s our time to talk about the team and go through the whole season, soup to nuts,” said Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta. ” It’s about the players, talking about the different issues each one had, injury status and evaluating how they played this year and how they’ll play in the future. It’s a chance for us to take all different accounts into consideration – salary cap, durability, performance – and hash it all out.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=3402

Also the 'State of the Ravens' press conference will be this afternoon....you can probably hear it all on MASN.

a young Ray Lewis...

17525228.jpg

Update on Webb and Nakamura...

While at different stages of recovery from their respective ailments, both Nakamura and Webb realize that they still have a long road ahead of them.

“I think I’ll be full participation once training camp rolls around,” stated Nakamura. “That’s as long as I don’t do anything stupid and try to come back too soon. I think I’ll be 100 percent by then, but hopefully I’ll be able to do some things by minicamps, too.”

As for Webb, things aren’t as rosy.

Considering how late in the year he was injured, he would likely open training camp – and perhaps the 2010 season – on the Physically Unable to Perform list. This is after the gifted rookie started four games for an injured Fabian Washington (ACL) and was emerging as a capable corner.

“I can’t look back and get frustrated,” said Webb, who walked without crutches. “I had a great season and got a chance to play. I’m not worried about my future, because I think I showed enough out there to prove that I can play in this league. I just can’t rush it coming back.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2010/02/Nakamura_Webb_Rehab_at_Facility.aspx

Ravens%20fans.jpeg

I earlier compared Webb to Duante Robinson's injury back in the 2007 season. Robinson tore his ACL and hamstring in late October. He opened the 2008 season on the PUP list, but hit the ground running in week six. This is probably the plan for Webb. Webb sounds like he is going to put in the work, so he will definitely be back when he is supposed to be.

I earlier compared Webb to Duante Robinson's injury back in the 2007 season. Robinson tore his ACL and hamstring in late October. He opened the 2008 season on the PUP list, but hit the ground running in week six. This is probably the plan for Webb. Webb sounds like he is going to put in the work, so he will definitely be back when he is supposed to be.

I remember on draft day when Mel Kiper said, "When you say Lardarius Webb, think Bob Sanders."

Mel is even better than I thought he was. :-/

Cleetz,

I wonder what our backup plan is for Webb, in case he doesnt come back in 09. Its unlikely but he could miss the bulk of the season, if not all. I am sure the FO will have a plan, either FA or draft.