ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A look at Ravens' options at wide receiver

cravnravn

Torry Holt is still out there, last season he made 3.8 mil. Think we can dangle a 2 million dollar carrot in front of him?? he had 51 receptions for 722 yards last year.

As a fallback option I would take Holt, but I really want Mason back. The guy is a warrior and Flacco is comfortable with him. I would absolutely go after Holt if Mason is not available. He would benefit from playing with a solid core of receivers.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to condiser geo is that we absolutely fell off the second half of the year in the pass rush dept. Pryce had a bunch of sacks this year, but I think they were all before week 6 or 7. After that he had 1 maybe 2. Our pass rush declined dramatically and we need to improve that. We rush the passer better and we'll have corners that can cover better.

I do agree in most of that, and you are rigth about Pryce and btw JJ pretty much the same. Late this season it ended up respectable while other took over like Ray, Gregg and Barnes. And you have to have agree that it did hurt our team.. and every team when their best players is not on the field or are hurt. Ngata, Suggs, JJ and Reed missed significiant playing time, Ngata and Suggs did not play in 3 games, Reed in four, and they were missing GT in others and JJ was active but hurt most of the time after the bye, the more depressing that Kruger did not make much impact, well he had likely not the ideal Game weigth.

Suggs was out in 3 games Indy, Pitt and GB, Ravens had one sack! Suggs played the last six.. 15 sacks, five of them in the PO. And btw as much that I am dissapointed with Suggs, I still have his two FF against Brady as the highligth of this season.