ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If we lose Bannon & Edwards

cravnravn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bannan would be the bigger loss. Something happens to Gregg and we'd never miss a beat. Edwards came out of nowhere and had a decent season, but I think they see him as replaceable.

Edwards was a fulltime starter last season, Pryce is broken down and is not likely to return. We lose Bannan we are in the market for a backup DT, we lose Edwards and we are in the market for a solid starting 3-4 DE.

My thought process, though, is that Bannan is a better backup than Edwards is a starter. I can very much understand them letting him walk for a sizable payday and replacing him with a fresh body.

I understand that. Edwards is good, but if he receives a big pay day we might have to let him walk as well. But on that same token, Bannan is a good backup like you state, he could receive starter's money somewhere else. If that is the case, I would let him walk. I would rather pay Edwards above-average starter money to start for us than Bannan starter money to be our backup. Either way, I hope Kruger is getting bigger in the weight room and getting some toughness. We will probably need him along that front line.

I understand that. Edwards is good, but if he receives a big pay day we might have to let him walk as well. But on that same token, Bannan is a good backup like you state, he could receive starter's money somewhere else. If that is the case, I would let him walk. I would rather pay Edwards above-average starter money to start for us than Bannan starter money to be our backup. Either way, I hope Kruger is getting bigger in the weight room and getting some toughness. We will probably need him along that front line.

And Mason, Bannan, KW and Edwards would probably help us either way, if we resign them nice, if not another UFA is possible, or a draftpick next year.

Bannon was not an RFA. He's been in the league for nearly 10 years.

Yeah, it sucks, but he wasn't a starter for us and now they are paying him starter money, which means now we can offer another UFA basically as much money as Bannan is getting in his deal, right?

No, all we know is that it's a five year deal. It has to be somewhere in the $20-22 million range at best, though. I can't see more than that.

Either way, we can find a great player for that kind of money, I feel like they overpaid Bannan a little because our defense made him look great (even though I loved his play). Remember how cheap we got him for a few years ago from Buffalo?

Ravens looking for secondary help

Isn't Jackson coming off a knee injury aswell?

He tore his right ACL on October 30, 2008 and he tore his right ACL on November 6, 2009. Very odd, both injuries came during practice. A former first round pick out of Michigan, Jackson was looking like he was on his way to becoming a very good cornerback in this league until he hurt his knee. Jackson was a big part of Indy's Super Bowl run back in 2007. I am sure we will put him through a tough workout like we did with Stallworth. If Jackson passes, you have to believe we think he can help this team out in some way. This could be a situation to keep an eye on. Here is what Scouts, Inc. said on Jackson coming into the 2009 season:

Jackson is a good-sized corner (6' 196 pounds) who has been a starter for the past two seasons. He missed the final nine games of the 2008 season due to a knee injury. He has good initial quickness and above average straight line speed. He builds to speed more than being explosive and will flash a decent burst of acceleration to close on the play. He tends to be a bit upright in his pedal and often has to bail out early to avoid getting beat deep. He can be a little sloppy in transition and takes extra steps to redirect to break on the ball.