ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Raven at Jets on Thanksgiving?

cravnravn

There is a chance that the Ravens could play on Thanksgiving for the first time in team history.

The reason: the New York Jets have agreed to host the Thanksgiving night game, according to the New York Daily News.

If the report is accurate, the Ravens would have a one-in-seven shot (about 14 percent) in playing the Jets on Thanksgiving night (kickoff is set for 8:20 p.m.) The Jets' home opponents this year are: the Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/03/could_the_ravens_play_on_thanksgiving_this_season.html

Better than watching the Lions and Cowboys.

Its a T-Day Night game we still get the Marquee match up of the Lions hosting the Patriots on T-Day day.

My point was that there's never anything better to watch than the Lions game. It's probably the most compelling of the Thanksgiving games every year just for the chances that they might actually win one.

I don't like the idea of playing a game after just 3 days of rest on any day especially when you're trying to keep players healthy. I'd rather somebody else get this dubious honor.

At one time, the Lions always played the Packers on T-day but eventually Lomabardi squelched it because of all the hassles.

Now you know I'm REALLY old!

I don't like the idea of playing a game after just 3 days of rest on any day especially when you're trying to keep players healthy. I'd rather somebody else get this dubious honor.

But there's also the advantage of ten days rest afterwards. Late in the season, that's a huge benefit.

But there's also the advantage of ten days rest afterwards. Late in the season, that's a huge benefit.

There's two ways of looking at this. Since it's a game against Rex Ryan's Jets we're talking about, the game is guaranteed to go 12 rounds and leave everyone involved injured. On 3-days rest, the risk of injury is increased on both sides, and I'm not sure that a few extra days of rest afterwards will make up for it.

There's two ways of looking at this. Since it's a game against Rex Ryan's Jets we're talking about, the game is guaranteed to go 12 rounds and leave everyone involved injured. On 3-days rest, the risk of injury is increased on both sides, and I'm not sure that a few extra days of rest afterwards will make up for it.

...and on the other side of it, there's nothing better than getting as much rest as possible after such a brutal type of game. Especially when we know that we have to play Pittsburgh twice a year. You can argue this both ways, and in the end it nullifies an advantage or disadvantage.

The only time playing an early/late in the week game gives a team any certain advantage/disadvantage is when a bye or a gimme game (i.e. Lions) comes into play. There is no real evidence of excessive (let alone just increased) injury after playing on a short week.

...and on the other side of it, there's nothing better than getting as much rest as possible after such a brutal type of game. Especially when we know that we have to play Pittsburgh twice a year. You can argue this both ways, and in the end it nullifies an advantage or disadvantage.

The only time playing an early/late in the week game gives a team any certain advantage/disadvantage is when a bye or a gimme game (i.e. Lions) comes into play. There is no real evidence of excessive (let alone just increased) injury after playing on a short week.

False. If an athlete's body is not given enough time to heal between events, there will be an elevated risk of injury. Not soreness; injury. Injuries are not things that go away with an extra few days of rest; we're talking weeks of dealing with muscle strains, tears, and pulls. Contest this if you want, but please do a bit of research before you do.

False. If an athlete's body is not given enough time to heal between events, there will be an elevated risk of injury. Not soreness; injury. Injuries are not things that go away with an extra few days of rest; we're talking weeks of dealing with muscle strains, tears, and pulls. Contest this if you want, but please do a bit of research before you do.

I asked for any evidence long before you did. Do you have any that suggests that injuries occur more often on short weeks than otherwise? And you really don't think that most injuries go away with some rest? Excluding tears and breaks, I am certain that any majority of injuries can be healed within ten days.

I asked for any evidence long before you did. Do you have any that suggests that injuries occur more often on short weeks than otherwise? And you really don't think that most injuries go away with some rest? Excluding tears and breaks, I am certain that any majority of injuries can be healed within ten days.

Have you participated in contact sports at all? I'm not assuming that you haven't... but it would help to know if you have any experience with this. Because I have a lot of experience to speak from.

If anything I hope it is a night game so I can be home on my own couch and watch the game without interference from my husband's family, 80% which are female and want to talk the whole entire time and get offended by the word fuck :)

ROFLMAO. They would REALLY get offended if they watched football at my house.

ROFLMAO. They would REALLY get offended if they watched football at my house.

lol...when I watch the Ravens, it is like what I am at work....intense, focused and don't want to be bothered...so with that, I wouldn't want casual people celebrating a holiday around just as much as slackers at work :)