ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2015 Ravens Offense

vmax

So what can we expect?

Just some guesses and early thoughts from what I'm reading and hearing: Flacco's on board. Probably because of Trestmans success and that he likes to throw. Outwardly neither is a rah-rah guy which is good because that wears thin over 8 months....but both are fiery competitors inside.

I love having Morningwhig as the QB coach. He'll keep Joe fundamentally sound.

It looks like Kubiaks offense will remain the blueprint, but there will be adjustments based on personnel. There will be new wrinkles which I think is good...unpredictable. Trestman said that he'll learn the verbiage to make it easier on the players.

What I'm worried about is the running game. Trestman is not famous for that. This team won't go far without a solid, productive running game. We saw that in 2013.

My biggest concern is how well of a play caller will he be? Kubiak was excellent.

And how quickly will he adjust during games?

Next biggest concern: The O line thrived under Kubiak. I hope it stays that way.

Then there are the usual off season personnel issues.

Can Steve Smith turn out another productive season?

Will Torrey and Forsett be back?

Owen Daniels? What's he got left in the tank? He was a solid addition last year.

Can Pita make a comeback? I doubt it, but we'll see.

You need at least 1 very good TE in this league and I don't think the Ravens have one.

Once again, I agree 100% Max. As far as running the football, Harbaugh will make it very clear to Trestman that the Baltimore Ravens love to run the ball. We also can not forget that much of Justin Forsett's success came from new offensive line blocking schemes by Gary Kubiak. Harbs will also make that very clear with Trestman. We all learned alot from Kubiak, which lead to a good offensive show last year. Harbs is very intelligent. These schemes will continue next year.

I agree too. The O works best off play-action and the running game. You can't have the first without the second and you can't be unpredictable if you throw all the time. So far, Trestman has said all the right things about zone blocking, running the ball, and leaving the current system in place. That's good and makes me optimistic. I too hope he gives the run game the number of plays it needs for the O to be balanced.

I know nothing about his ability to change plans if his initial game plan isn't working. Flexibility was one of Kubiak's best qualities. Trestman needs to be the same.

I think, from what I've read about him, that we'll see an increase in screens and passes to the RB so we'll need a 3 dimensional back who can run, catch and run, and block. We should be OK with Taliaferro or someone through the draft or FA. And Forsett might not get the big offers he's hoping for and might come back if Kubiak doesn't take him with him.

Joe and Trestman will click. I just hope they don't try to turn this into a bombs away offense.

Nado is right too that Harbs will probably influence Trestman about us having a strong running game.

More food for thought on the offense heading into the off season.

Bad News: Inconsistency plagued the Ravens' receiving corps this season. Torrey Smith and Steve Smith, the team's top two targets, combined for 18 dropped passes, and neither caught more than 61 percent of the passes sent their way, a figure bettered by 64 wideouts in 2014.

Running back: The Ravens are hopeful they can re-sign free-agent-to-be Justin Forsett, but there's no guarantee the NFL's fifth-leading rusher will be back. The only running backs under contract for 2015: Lorenzo Taliaferro, Bernard Pierce and Fitzgerald Toussaint. Taliaferro, a rookie fourth-round pick, showed flashes (four TDs in 68 carries) before suffering a season-ending foot injury. It's unknown whether he can withstand the wear-and-tear of a full season if given a bigger role. Pierce had a second straight disappointing season, which could push the Ravens to upgrade.

Wide receiver: Torrey Smith (49 catches) is an unrestricted free agent, and Steve Smith (79 catches) turns 36 before the season starts. No other Ravens receiver had more than 25 catches this season. Even if the Ravens re-sign Torrey Smith, they need to add a young wideout who can make an immediate impact.http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-team

I don't know why the above article didn't address TE's.