ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rams release Bulger

millz58

Yeah if they let him by of course they will not regret it. It just seems like they are being pushed into drafting a QB. It happens all the time. The 49ers were trapped into drafting Alex Smith. We got trapped into trading up picking Boller. It happens all the time where teams are trapped into drafting someone.

Yeah if they let him by of course they will not regret it. It just seems like they are being pushed into drafting a QB. It happens all the time. The 49ers were trapped into drafting Alex Smith. We got trapped into trading up picking Boller. It happens all the time where teams are trapped into drafting someone.

...not really. That's your perception, and I don't personally think it's close to being true. What you call being "pushed into" the number one pick is really either a set of teams pushing Bradford because they want them to take him (thus, the player they covet falls a spot), or, you know, the Rams themselves just actually really like him.

Now, explain how we were "pushed" into taking Boller?

That's my point. We were not "pushed" into him. We wanted him.

Maybe you and Spear have a different "we" in my mind? I agree noone truly is pushed into a bad choice, but some GMs/owners succumb to pressures more easily than others I guess; some are just stubborn, arrogant and/or stupid as well. I can't believe that "we" drafted Boller simply b/c Billick was hooked on him, but sure there must have been some undue influence there.

Maybe you and Spear have a different "we" in my mind? I agree noone truly is pushed into a bad choice, but some GMs/owners succumb to pressures more easily than others I guess; some are just stubborn, arrogant and/or stupid as well. I can't believe that "we" drafted Boller simply b/c Billick was hooked on him, but sure there must have been some undue influence there.

Spear and I are in agreement as to the argument. Drafting Boller had nothing to do with the media or the perception that we needed to draft a quarterback. Boller was drafted because the team (or someone within the team, or whatever) wanted him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...