ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ngata traded to Lions

tsylvester

Ozzie and his staff is great, fantastic at finding cheap labor and getting the best out of those players. all except, insert broken record, the receiver position.... The Lions, on the other hand, always seem to have a decent crop, get the most out of the cheap labor there, mostly because of their quarterback and a hall of fame reciever taking the attention.

Yep, I'll take the Ravens staff including BIscutt, over what Detroit faces, play contenders more than not, two super bowls in 10 years or so....

I don't see any negatives from either side. It was a Win WIn deal for both sides. We got Ngata's cap number off the books and got 2 valuable mid round picks. The Lions got a pro bowl DT to fill the hole left by Suh and Fairley. There were no D-Linemen available on FA to fill that role and there is no one in the draft at the point the Lions will be picking that is as good as Ngata. You know it's a good deal when both sides Win.

I'm sure the article was pertaining to is how the Ravens excel in the middle rounds and how we find impact players in the middle rounds, and Detroit dies not. Detroit might have got an impact player 2 years ago in ngata, but he is 31 and will be under a fine microscope with medicine use. 1 slip up, and he's done for the year.

Prior to 2014, Ngata had been going downhill. Now it might have been injuries but I think his ability is going to drop this year much like in 2013.

I'd much rather have the cap space and 2 draft picks. Hell, I thought they'd have to release him.