ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jason Worilds retires

tsylvester

Wow, another young player calling ti quits...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-worilds-shocks-everyone-by-retiring/ar-AA9CR7a?ocid=U142DHP

Free agent OLB Jason Worilds is retiring from the NFL, according to a statement released via his agent and NFL.com.

"I appreciate all of the interest from the organizations that have reached out to us the past few days," the statement reads. "With that being said, after much thought & consideration I have chosen to step away from football as I have opted to pursue other interests."

The decision comes as an absolute bombshell, as the 27-year old veteran was set to cash in on a contract which would've likely paid him close to $8 million annually and close to $15-20 million guaranteed based on contracts awarded to his colleagues.

I understand what these guys are thinking. If they have made enough money to live out their lives comfortably then why subject their body to the stresses of an NFL season. Get out why you still have your health and can enjoy what you have earned. That said, Worilds retirement seems a little early.