ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Talk is Cheap

vmax

It will be a friggn'n miracle if Elam turns it around and lives up to expectations.

Elam says he's determined to prove himself this season. "Ozzie has a lot of expectations for me because he drafted me in the first round," Elam told The Baltimore Sun during cornerback Lardarius Webb's charity softball game. "I'm not surprised. I just got to out there and do my job. I prepared myself well enough in the offseason and I'll be ready to go."

Elam led the Ravens with 16 missed tackles during the regular season. And Elam allowed New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to twist out of his grasp for a touchdown during the Ravens' AFC divisional round playoff game loss.

Elam was the lowest-graded player on the Ravens' defense and the 78th-ranked safety in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus. Elam allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 38 of 53 passes thrown in his direction (71.7 percent) for 500 yards and three touchdowns. Elam is expected to line up at strong safety with the Ravens having signed veteran Kendrick Lewis to be the starting free safety. Elam will compete with fellow former Gators standout Will Hill for the starting job.http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-safety-matt-elam-says-hes-ready-to-break-out-after-disappointing-first-two-seasons-20150509-story.html

ravens-steelers.jpg

You know Max, safety was a position I hoped the Ravens would draft somebody. It would be miraculous if Elam turned it around. He's a bust and these things happen to the best of all teams.

Every second that Ed Reed was on the field, he was looking to make a play....to help the team win.

It seems too many of these guys now are playing scared, trying not to mess up...just "do their job" to keep their job.

The Ravens need thumpers and aggressive ball hawks.

Every second that Ed Reed was on the field, he was looking to make a play....to help the team win.

It seems too many of these guys now are playing scared, trying not to mess up...just "do their job" to keep their job.

The Ravens need thumpers and aggressive ball hawks.

I agree. They also have to be aggressive in press coverage and getting into receivers faces. There's no killer instinct back there.