ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

FINALS TIME!

The rematch! I was hoping LA would get Boston this year. Its time for payback from two years ago. The difference, Bynum,Artest, and most important, home court advantage. Its gonna be a great series. LA has had their foot on the gas the entire year, Boston got hot right in the begining of the playoffs. Both teams are championship caliber and loaded with talented vets.

Kobe buried the suns in game 6 with big shot after big shot right over the double teams. He proved he is the greatest player on the planet and he proved that Lebron has a lonnngggg way to go to reach Kobes level.

My hope is LA continues to win at the staples center and forces BOS to win all their home games. If LA can one on the road it could all she wrote!

Lets go Boston. I hate Kobe.

I love the fact that you hate kobe. Most kobe fans do. He just proves time and again that he is head and shoulders above everyone else. His biggest strength is his will which allows him to close out games. He is the best finisher. Just when his opponents gain momemtum he hits some rediculous shot to crush them. The lakers are so stacked this year

Well, the Lakers have previously met the Celtics 11 times in the NBA finals (the first time as the Minneapolis Lakers, in 1959). In those championships the Celtics have won 9 titles (the Lakers' wins were in '85, '87). The Lakers are now in their 30th NBA title series, they have won 14 of them (4 as the Minneapolis Lakers). The Celtics are in their 21st finals, having won 17 of those. no doubt the utterly dominant franchises of sports, there's no sport with the two dominant teams having faced each other so often in the championship round. Only steelers-Cowboys comes close, for sports that have a league big enough not to be so inbred like the early days of the NHL's original 6...

Basketball in general may not be nearly as exciting as football. But we can agree its more entertaining to watch some of the better athletes in basketball fly around dunking and hitting big 3 pointers than watching 4 hours of baseball. Especially local baseball. And i happen to think the NBA does the best job of marketing their sport than any of the other sports. NBA playoffs, 40 days of meaningful games in a row is incredible

force, if by flaming you mean the two best teams in the league, with multiple championships and consistent success as franchises, then yes the lakers and celtics are flaming. You just feel their flaming becasue those two teams have big name players across the board. But the reality is that they are indeed the best teams in the league regardless of who is on the team. They win games and they are both championship caliber. Its gonna be a great series.

force, if by flaming you mean the two best teams in the league, with multiple championships and consistent success as franchises, then yes the lakers and celtics are flaming. You just feel their flaming becasue those two teams have big name players across the board. But the reality is that they are indeed the best teams in the league regardless of who is on the team. They win games and they are both championship caliber. Its gonna be a great series.

Well, to be honest, by flaming I meant "gay". ;) I honestly hate everything about both of them, though. It's like being a Yankees or Steelers fan.

And, no, I don't think NBA's more entertaining than baseball at all. College basketball, sure, but the pros are an absolute yawn.

Which is exactly the reason they will crush Boston.

Yeah, but bostons roster is pretty stacked too. They are definitely a good team. I just think LA sealed the repeat when they add artest and got bynum healthy in the offseason. Game 2 should be a tighter matchup once boston wakes up and matches lakers tempo

looks to me this game had not to do with tempo but with determination. Ray lights out. Rondo crazy in the 4th. Pierce is one ugly mofo. sike; but he is, but the Celtics did take it to the Lakers tonight; lot of really bad calls by the ref (how they call charge on Kobe against Ray? that was bullshit) but anyway the celts did take it to the lakers.

looks to me this game had not to do with tempo but with determination. Ray lights out. Rondo crazy in the 4th. Pierce is one ugly mofo. sike; but he is, but the Celtics did take it to the Lakers tonight; lot of really bad calls by the ref (how they call charge on Kobe against Ray? that was bullshit) but anyway the celts did take it to the lakers.

that game was BS. Can ray allen really go 7-7 from 3 land again in the first half? I understand he's a great shooter but that was a fluke. Take away just 2 of those shots and the lakers have the lead and momentum at half time.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/06/la_mayor_propos.html

There's nothing new about mayors of cities with teams playing each other for a championship having a friendly wager on the outcome. The stakes are almost always something that represents the city.

But give Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa some credit for breaking the "sushi-for-clam chowder" mold for this year's NBA Finals. According to the LA Times, he's putting up actor and Lakers superfan Jack Nicholson in a proposal to Boston mayor Thomas M. Menino, and asked that Boston natives Ben Affleck and Matt Damon be on the hook if the Celtics lose.

Villaraigosa suggests that the actors would make advertisements touting the city of the winning team.

"Should the Celtics prove victorious, we will generously permit Hollywood legend and Lakers fan extraordinaire, Jack Nicholson, to don green and film a commercial touting Old North Church, the Common, and all there is to see in Boston," Villaraigosa wrote in a letter to Menino. "Should the Lakers prevail, we will gladly accept your hometown boys, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, as spokespersons for a public service announcement extolling the virtues of the City of Los Angeles, where the climate, the beaches, and the food are far superior."

We've contacted Menino's office and have been promised a response. Stay tuned for an update.

In 2008, Villaraigosa proposed swapping football teams -- the LA Avengers of the Arena Football League for the Patriots. Menino passed, saying he'd take the arena, but not the team.

that game was BS. Can ray allen really go 7-7 from 3 land again in the first half? I understand he's a great shooter but that was a fluke. Take away just 2 of those shots and the lakers have the lead and momentum at half time.

These games are full of 'flukes'. ray was as ice cold tonight as he was hot before; both are flukes. The Oldness Derek Fisher made it happen late tonight for LAL when Kobe wasn't consistent and Gasol was weak. You never know, there's too many variables.

edit: the officials did everything they could...

These games are full of 'flukes'. ray was as ice cold tonight as he was hot before; both are flukes. The Oldness Derek Fisher made it happen late tonight for LAL when Kobe wasn't consistent and Gasol was weak. You never know, there's too many variables.

edit: the officials did everything they could...

Told u ray allen 7-7 was a fluke!!!! LA should be up 3-0 at this point, take away that miraculous 3 point performance.

Could these referees be any more terrible. Kobe clearly takes a charge down 6 with a little over a min to go. Instead pierce makes it and gets the foul shot pushing the lead to 9. Then kobe has a three point play right after but its too late now. Instead of it being a one possessiongame with aminute togo they completely blew any chance of an LA come back. Fuckin refs are terrible. Typing on an iphone is harder than i thought

Told u ray allen 7-7 was a fluke!!!! LA should be up 3-0 at this point, take away that miraculous 3 point performance.

It was a historic performnace, which of course makes it "flukish", I never said it was a typical thing, of course it wasn't (?!) But in these playoffs usually "fluke" performances happen, because someone has to step up and do the extraordinary when the "stars" don't align.

Well, another Rondo show, and Pierce was good too. I like the Celtics' chances of hoisting the trophy in front of Jack...

LA better show they can compete with more than just Kobe and "2nd star of the day".