ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco acknowledged the Ravens have the makings of a Super Bowl team.

cravnravn

Shayne Graham's 60-yard kick soared through the air, struck the right upright and dropped to the ground. There was an anxious moment of silence before the referees signaled the field goal was successful.

With the way the Ravens' spring has been going, did anyone expect the final moment of their offseason to turn out differently?

large_joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-723.jpg

On a sun-splashed morning, quarterback Joe Flacco completed passes to his two newest wide receivers, Anquan Boldin and Donte' Stallworth. The usually-strong defense ran all over the field to pick off throws. And both kickers, Graham and Billy Cundiff, hit 60-yard field goals.

http://www.baltimore...s-0611-20100610,0,5778555.story

Edited by cravnravn

I think Joe will light it up this year...might even make me forget Vinny... :)

This offensive line has to protect him...He'll never admit it but he was really banged up last year and it definately affected his performance. Too many sacks...too many hits.

"I got his blind side this year max. The 'Franchise' will be safe."

48643349.jpg

Edited by vmax

Here's some info from Derrick Mason on Joe...

Q: With the added weapons, do you think we'll see a big leap forward from third-year quarterback Joe Flacco?

A: He's so dedicated to making himself better. He's got the athleticism and the arm, but then he's there in the classroom, learning the playbook until he has command of it. Then you give him the receivers and tight ends we've added. He also has put in the work with (new quarterbacks) coach (Jim) Zorn, which will help even more.

Q: With this kind of talent in the passing game, do you think the playcalling will be more aggressive and go a little more away from the run?

A: I think we were aggressive last year — there were just a lot of injuries that held us back. So we'll come back aggressive because we have a good shot to score 25-35 points a game. We'll still be a run-first team and pass the ball off our success there. That's the kind of offense that wins in December and January.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-06-17/ravens-wr-derrick-mason-we-have-good-shot-score-25-35-points-game

51304298.jpg

I didn't know we had brought in those guys for workouts. Good to see Walt Harris, Ken Hamlin and Ken Lucas getting a shot, as I definitely think all 3 could be of use to this team with our injuries.

We picked up Ken Hamlin last night, pretty good call there Colin!!

We picked up Ken Hamlin last night, pretty good call there Colin!!

Geo and Crav,

Hate to rain on your parade but Hamlin is a dud. Go back and watch the Cowboys game a few yrs ago (last game at Texas Stadium).

Le Ron McClain (or may have been mcgahee) on his 80 yd + TD run absolutely abuses and pushes Hamlin out of the friggin way. I joked my son - a huge 'Boys' fan and agreed Hamlin stunk. That may have been one play but Ive never ben impressed by the guy.

Sorry, there is a reason the Boys let him go. I would have rather had Walt Harris who apparently turned us down - wonder why ?

Geo and Crav,

Hate to rain on your parade but Hamlin is a dud. Go back and watch the Cowboys game a few yrs ago (last game at Texas Stadium).

Le Ron McClain (or may have been mcgahee) on his 80 yd + TD run absolutely abuses and pushes Hamlin out of the friggin way. I joked my son - a huge 'Boys' fan and agreed Hamlin stunk. That may have been one play but Ive never ben impressed by the guy.

Sorry, there is a reason the Boys let him go. I would have rather had Walt Harris who apparently turned us down - wonder why ?

Mehhh maybe, Hamlin was brought in because hes an extra body, Ed Reed will not be ready for training camp..

Well, you can't judge a player off of one play. Hamlin has always been known as a guy who goes for the big hit, but is not a sure tackler. He gives us size in the secondary and has very good ball skills at free safety. In other words, he will give us solid depth and we could do a lot worse at safety. I like the move. He is probably a guy who's play will be elevated playing in a Ravens defense.

Mehhh maybe, Hamlin was brought in because hes an extra body, Ed Reed will not be ready for training camp..

Extra body - like an innings eater pitcher in baseball and big clumsy center in basketball to eat up some fouls - I get it.

If thats what we are doing, fine. If not , we are in big trouble. Go back and watch the Boys game and Hamlin is absolutely McClain's bitch on that run. Its actually funny as hell to watch. Wish I could pull up on you tube -its a scream !

Well, you can't judge a player off of one play. Hamlin has always been known as a guy who goes for the big hit, but is not a sure tackler. He gives us size in the secondary and has very good ball skills at free safety. In other words, he will give us solid depth and we could do a lot worse at safety. I like the move. He is probably a guy who's play will be elevated playing in a Ravens defense.

Cleetz,

No you cant but do yourself a favor and watch Hamlin in that game. I saw enough.

If we get Hamlin for anything other than depth or are seeking a major contrbution from this guy, you are delusional and our D is in trouble and will be exposed all season. If he starts, get the opposing Q on your fantasy team that week !

Cleetz,

No you cant but do yourself a favor and watch Hamlin in that game. I saw enough.

If we get Hamlin for anything other than depth or are seeking a major contrbution from this guy, you are delusional and our D is in trouble and will be exposed all season. If he starts, get the opposing Q on your fantasy team that week !

And coaches and players saw enough from him in 2007 to vote him into the Pro Bowl. He has started since coming into the league in 2003, and he played well enough to earn a six-year, $38 million contract. That experience of starting over 90 games in the NFL will definitely help us at some point. All I am saying is that I would much rather have Ken Hamlin back at safety than Will Demps. We have done very well in the past with a lot worse, and if Hamlin has to start a few games, he will not kill us. I certainly do not think Landry is much better, if any.