ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Lewis

Tornado700

I was just wondering if anyone here would like to see Ray Lewis become a part of this Raven organization, in some type of coaching capacity? Asst. linebackers coach, I wouldn't care what he did, as long as I could see Ray running up and down the sidelines- motivating these young players to play hard and willing them to win just like he used to do back in his day. This is something that I, as a fan, would love to see. So, I say yes. Agree or disagree and why?

Great players do not always make good coaches, let alone great coaches. So many examples to pick from, the most obvious, Nike Singleterry. People, players get tired of the rah-rah hominids.

If he can coach, great, if not it would not bother me if he did not coach. He stinks on Espn, he needs to go for sure.

I would love to see Ray a part of the organization as a coach. Ed Reed too. I think it's an embarrassment that Ed is starting his coaching career somewhere else.

T is right that players don't always make good coaches, but I think Ed will be a great one. I'm not sure about Ray - he could be great or a disaster.

Ray has been more than adamate that he does not want to coach. MAybe several yrs from now he will change his mind but I don't see it for a long time.

Ed decided to coach fro a guy he loved as a coach. Makes sense. Also Ed burned some bridges here the last few he was here. I don't think he would work for Harbs.

HOF players have a gift that doesn't always translate to coaching others. They were talking about this with Manning, he would study like no other player and if he wanted to coach he'd expect that from his QB... an expectation that couldn't be matched. These players have instincts a "nose for the football", you cant teach that. Baseball I think translates better from player-to-coach.