ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Competition will make for a strong 2016 team

vmax

Fans of every team can agree on this; "Every year there is a position of need that they (my team) fail to address in the draft.".

This happens when the cards don't fall your way. And that happens to every GM. Can't get the QB, CB, WR that they want because somebody ahead of them took them....and....the next best guy is not worth that pick. They get to the next round and find the position is picked over even more. and so on.

But they score on other players.

The Ravens haven't done good on CB's, safeties and receivers in the draft for a while now.

Now....a good pass rush and QB pressure will make their secondary look better and that's what Ozzie could get.

This team needs playmakers.Time will tell if they got any.

I think they got some.

Just read that Dallas wanted our first and third. I think that's too much but I still wonder if Cowboys would have settled for 2 4th's and if that would have been a good trade.

Our third round pick was Kaufusi and of course we would have had no new LT but our secondary would have been solid.

Just read that Dallas wanted our first and third. I think that's too much but I still wonder if Cowboys would have settled for 2 4th's and if that would have been a good trade.

Our third round pick was Kaufusi and of course we would have had no new LT but our secondary would have been solid.

See...look at what you stated and see how agonizing it must be for a GM.

Maybe they do the 1st and 3rd get Ramsey and take the risk that Kaufusi falls to the 4th. If he does...not too bad...... but wait!

We got nobody to protect Joe. Oh! And KO's gone!

Maybe they do the 1st and 3rd get Ramsey and take the risk that Kaufusi falls to the 4th. If he does...not too bad...... but wait!

Don't get me wrong, I like the Kaufusi pick, but he disappeared in a lot of games, made a number of his sacks/tackles for loss when he was unblocked &/ or against poor right tackles.

A first and 3rd, if true, is a bit steep, but for Ramsey, to settle the deep secondary with a new secondary coach who is one of the best and with a vet in Weddle back there, yeah, you make that trade.

They still have not replaced KO, unless they plan to start Stanley there or move Wagner there. There were a number of guards in the 2-3 rd range who are stating caliber that the Ravens had chances to land.

Frankly, since they drafted Stanley, they should have backed it up with a good guard in the 2nd, or even 3rd rather than going defense end who needs grooming back to back.

Sure we can snow blow the picks by saying they went after pass rushers to help the secondary, to build depth for two over priced often injured older players who seem to disappear late in games, or when they are needed most....

Bottom line, Stanley has to pan out as a solid starter right away and one of the others has ro be more than a special teams beast/ 10 play a game fill in, or else they really messed this draft up.

The potential no doubt is there, Young is small but very solid if he can keep his hands off of recievers.

Correa and Koufusi have the potential to make a difference along with all the other young defensive linemen.

Stanley has great potential to settle part of the line either at guard or either tackle.

Dixon adds depth at most, he is the same back as Allen, but smaller and less experienced.

With luck, one of the offensive line undrafted free agents pans out or the hot head from Nebraska....

Bewteen the two nepotism picks from Michigan, one of them should work out.

We will see, it just would have been nice to have a real slot reciever besides an aging Steve do everything Smith...

Yup...never said it was easy. I wonder what they are going to do about corner. It's hard to believe that one of the CBs they picked up in the draft will be able to start. There's speculation Stanley starts at LG until Monroe moves out and then Stanley moves over. That gives us a line of Monore, Stanley, Zuttah, Yanda, and Wagner which ain't too shabby if Monore avoids injuries this year.

[quote name="tsylvester" post="104927" timestamp="1462224335" ...

We will see, it just would have been nice to have a real slot reciever besides an aging Steve do everything Smith...

If only Campanaro could stay healthy, we'd have that slot receiver we need. Maybe the new preventative training will help him.