ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Chris Moore

vmax

hi-res-39c44ce5334baf5499c27ad30e7a7e44_

Moore big "IF's" here..... :sing:

If...Perryman is good enough to start, then Joe has 3 solid field stretchers.Send them all deep. No team has enough speed to cover that.

Dixon out of the backfield....587 tight end options....should be real interesting.

Moore's 21.8 yards per reception in 2015 ranked eighth in the nation, and he finished with 26 career touchdowns. What stood out to the Ravens was how Moore produced 140 yards and two touchdowns against Houston last season and put up 221 yards and three touchdowns against Ohio State in 2014.

"He's a guy that when we watched him against the best corners in football, whether it was [Ohio State's] Eli Apple or a guy like [Houston's] William Jackson, he always brought his 'A' game," Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta told WBAL Radio. "He's an explosive, big target. When we looked at him, we thought about similar traits to Torrey Smith."

Moore was among the standouts at Baltimore's rookie minicamp earlier this month. He showed the ability to get separation from receivers and make catches away from his body.

"I think from these last practices, I'm prepared for the speed of the game," Moore said. "The big part is knowing my job. If I know my job, I can run full speed and adjust to the speed of the game a lot faster."http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/27726/ravens-chris-moore-cant-wait-to-give-away-a-football-without-being-penalized

CimCC75VAAEaRnk.jpg

Oh boy, he got seperation from, Recievers! Hey Eric, did Apple actually cover Moore (no) (not until after Moore torched their secondary) and while the other coverages were skewed away from him in 5 wide sets.

4.5 is not blazing speed, comparing him to Smith is not exactly a ringing endorsement....

I can see the similarities to Torrey, but Moore is longer and has bigger hands than Torrey. Moore probably tracks the ball and high points the ball a lot better than Torrey, but Torrey is without a doubt a couple steps faster.

I think a better comparison is Demetrius Williams. Williams was a similar sized rangy receiver who ran in the low-4.5s. Williams was a long strider like Moore who could get deep, he just never developed the ability to consistently beat the press and make plays downfield. With Williams it was always "that was almost a great catch!"

I can see the similarities to Torrey, but Moore is longer and has bigger hands than Torrey. Moore probably tracks the ball and high points the ball a lot better than Torrey, but Torrey is without a doubt a couple steps faster.

I think a better comparison is Demetrius Williams. Williams was a similar sized rangy receiver who ran in the low-4.5s. Williams was a long strider like Moore who could get deep, he just never developed the ability to consistently beat the press and make plays downfield. With Williams it was always "that was almost a great catch!"

Yes a much better comparison, well done sir. Moore does track the deep ball better, something Torrey still cannot do. If it isn't right at him, Smith loses, flails trying to adjust. Not with Moore, he does adjust well to it and has little trouble finding it.

My concern, aside from the lack of consistency in his hands, is can he get open, get deep in the NFL? The Ravens rarely go five wide, hurry up like the Cats did, but he is a hard worker, a fighter if you will, I love his "attitude" for the ball...

My concern, aside from the lack of consistency in his hands, is can he get open, get deep in the NFL? The Ravens rarely go five wide, hurry up like the Cats did, but he is a hard worker, a fighter if you will, I love his "attitude" for the ball...

Yes a much better comparison, well done sir. Moore does track the deep ball better, something Torrey still cannot do. If it isn't right at him, Smith loses, flails trying to adjust. Not with Moore, he does adjust well to it and has little trouble finding it.

I too like his work ethic and fight. I'd say he's got a 50-50 chance of playing this year.