ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Be the most popular kid on your block

vmax

...or better yet, impress your date with all your knowledge...she'll be amazed at what a great catch she has.

You can begin by telling her in the romantic glow of candle light...

Dating back to the 2000 season, the Ravens have produced the NFL’s sixth-most wins, tied with Denver. Baltimore has also made six playoff appearances and won one Super Bowl during this span.

During the John Harbaugh Era, the Ravens have produced 13 total road victories (including postseason play), earning a 2-1 mark this season (wins at NYJ and at Pittsburgh). The 13 away victories rank as the NFL’s second most since 2008. Only the Colts’ 14 are better.

NFL ROAD VICTORIES / INCLUDING PLAYOFFS

(Since 2008)

Rk. Team Wins

1. Indianapolis Colts 14

2. Baltimore Ravens 13

3. New York Jets 13

Since 2000, Baltimore’s defense has registered the most shutouts in the NFL, blanking opponents nine times. The Ravens last shutout came on Nov. 16, 2009 in a 16-0 win at Cleveland.

NFL SHUTOUT LEADERS

(Since 2000)

Rk. Team Shutouts

1. Baltimore Ravens 9

2. New England Patriots 7

Seattle Seahawks 7

Dating back to 1996, the Ravens have posted 43 defensive touchdowns. Baltimore has scored a “D-TD” in each season of its existence and boasts a 35-7 record when doing so. Since 2003, the

Ravens have totaled the second-most D-TDs (30) in the NFL. In those games, Baltimore is 24-5.

NFL DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS

(Since 2003)

Rk. Team D-TDs

1.2 Green Bay Packers 31

2. Baltimore Ravens 30

3. Minnesota Vikings 25

The Ravens’ defense prides itself on not giving up the big play. Since 2008, Baltimore has only allowed 41 passes of 25-plus yards and 78 runs of 10-plus yards. The passes tie for second best in the NFL, while the runs stand third during that span.

The Ravens’ No. 2 defense (235.8 ypg) ranks first in third-down defense, allowing just 12 successful conversions on 51 attempts (23.5%). Of those 12 first downs, 1 has come on a third-and-10- plus situation, as opponents have gone 1-for-12 in such instances.

Additionally, the Ravens’ 127 yards permitted on third down also rank as the NFL’s best defensive mark.

Third-Down Sacks:

• Six of the Ravens’ 7 sacks this season have occurred on third down, tying for third most in the NFL.

THIRD-DOWN DEFENSE

OPPONENT CONV. %

(2010 Season)

1. Baltimore . . . . . . . . . 23.5

2. Dallas . . . . . . . . . . . . 24.2

3. Tennessee. . . . . . . . . 25.0

THIRD-DOWN DEFENSE

OPPONENT YARDS ALLOWED

(2010 Season)

1. Baltimore . . . . . . . 127

2. Minnesota . . . . . . . 131

matheson.jpg"I can't wait for my Friday Night date with Gloria. When I hold her in my arms and wisper 'Don't worry Gloria, Ravens QB Joe Flacco is 5-0 against the AFC West, compiling a 94.1 QB rating. Flacco has completed 86 of 137 passes (67.8%) for 914 yards, 7 TDs and just 2 INTs.'....well, all she'll be able to say is 'Your place or mine?'

17810917.jpg