ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Gone are the days

vmax

The 2000 defense gave up 500+ yards to a mediocre Jets team.

I am so over these freak outs. One bad game against a bad team. As I said before - at least we won the damn game. The Saints and the Colts haven't been so lucky so far.

Hey...this doesn't mean that good days aren't ahead.

The offense definately hasn't hit it's peak yet. They can help the D out a lot too with ball control, field position, time of possesion and points!

"It's only a movie...it's only a movie..."

housh.jpg

Speaking of the offense....why can't we get Houshamazoad (championship!) goin? Honestly this guy is really freakin good. With Mason more than likely leaving next year shouldn't we be getting this guy involved and trying to entice him to stick around? The guy can absolutely play! Soft hands, good route runner, and knows how to settle into zones. What's the deal?

I do agree that the offense can absolutely help the defense out. Let's start with converting 3rd and ridiuculously short lol, then we can move on to closing out games!

Quotes like this always crack me up because the only constant in life is change. Absolutely there will be great defenses again. Absolutely. Teams will figure out rules and work situations and create the defenses again. Coaches will scout players with the proper skill set to defend with the rule changes. People adapt, people change, and defenses will return. It's not like the NFL hasn't cycled through offensive and defensive eras before. Guys like Belicheck, Parcels, etc. They will always be adapting. Eventually a way will be found to defend successfully with these rule changes.

Ok here is my rational for this. Barring a rule change we won't see another defense like the Ravens. There are just too many rules to protect the offensive player and encourage the passing game. Man, if Jerry Rice in his prime played in today's game I am convinced he would catch 30 TDs in a season. Then there is the salary cap aspect of it all, if a new CBA is reached you better believe player salaries are going to be more under control. That means it is going to be a lot more difficult to assemble a team of talented studs like we did in 2000-2001. What we need in 2000 and 2001 was make an all-or-nothing approach, we knew we were going to blow the whole thing up in a year. With the way teams place an emphasis on building through the draft, I doubt there are going to be many teams that will take the chances of assembling a veteran-talented team like the Ravens did in 2000-2001.

Just don't see it being the end of the world. What I seen was guys missing tackles, not wraping up.

One thing bothered me from camp was the lack of speed, and that was something the Bill's wideouts had, speed.

Some of them looked like they were already on their week off, some just looked tired. Look back and see what they did. I would be tired.

I think they also took the Bills to lightly.

Never take any team lightly. I worry about facing Brandon Marshall and Roddy White.

I wonder how much of a distraction the 2000 super bowl celebration was? Apparantly there were parties and dinners. Some of the team could have participated possibly? I mean with the winless Bills coming to town. Maybe the coaching staff was a little lax.