ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco and Mason Had "Heated Exchange"

ForceEight

And so did Mason and Cameron.

Apparently, Derrick Mason is known for speaking his mind on the sidelines, whether it is to his coaches or his quarterback.

That’s why Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun says that Mason’s two exchanges on the sideline of Sunday’s win over the Panthers isn’t a huge deal. Mason reportedly had a “very heated exchange” with quarterback Joe Flacco in the second half.

Mason apparently wasn’t happy that Flacco was late in getting a pass to him fast enough. The two players had to be separated by other players and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron played mediator.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/22/derrick-mason-and-joe-flacco-had-to-separated-after-heated-exchange/

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/mike_preston_mason_has_heated_exchange_with_flacco.html

Guest BallTMore

Some fans that went to the game yesterday mentioned this. Said it got pretty heated, but Mason and Flacco were buddy-buddy again by the end of the game.

Wouldn't mind actually seeing the scuffle. :)

Also, this is why there have never been three 600+ receivers on the same team. lol You can't satisfy all the egos. Mase fighting, Housh still complaining.

Joe can't win. Someone will always feel left out.

I starting to wonder if Cam's play-calling is being affected by our divas at WR.

Edited to say: Look for 10 straight passes to Mason on Sunday.

Edited by BallTMore

Some fans that went to the game yesterday mentioned this. Said it got pretty heated, but Mason and Flacco were buddy-buddy again by the end of the game.

Wouldn't mind actually seeing the scuffle. :)

Also, this is why there have never been three 600+ receivers on the same team. lol You can't satisfy all the egos. Mase fighting, Housh still complaining.

Joe can't win. Someone will always feel left out.

I starting to wonder if Cam's play-calling is being affected by our divas at WR.

Edited to say: Look for 10 straight passes to Mason on Sunday.

I hate you :biggrin:

I am afraid that just migth happend. I would like TJ, Reed and Dixon get more involved in the games and that migth just not happend. And I bet some one on the coaching staff (Harbs) would love Stallworth to be there too.

Funny... the one guy who has legit room to gripe... hasnt made a peep. Make no bones about it, Mason has done alot of us over the years and WAS our best target when heap was hurt alot and others faltered. But... he is not the #1 WR, he is NOT the superstar receiver, yet the man who is, is just letting things play out it seems.

I personally love the fire, and hope it brings better production on the field. However, its hard to flap your gums when you are dropping key passes. Id prefer more passes to Boldin then to mason or housh. Heck, i prefer more passes to heap then housh or mason, but anything that goes for a first, especially on 3rd down... i could care less. Im also looking for more Stallworth as the season progress's.

Bottom line... if our superstar WR Boldin can keep professional, then old fella, odd fella and the rest of the receiving crew should follow suit.

Viviano, on the radio today, said that Flacco initiated it. Joe got in Mason's face and then grabbed his face mask. There is another side of Joe that the media and us never see. Aparently he takes command....and does have a temper.

This is from Kevin Byrne...nice article on this situation...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2010/11/Byrne_Identity_-_Flacco_Mason_Go_at_it_Wednesday.aspx

"I'm a Bad Mo Fo!"

56511112.jpg