ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

And so it starts....

OutsideRzAcE

My link

Receiver Terrell Owens says the Cincinnati Bengals' lousy season is the result of underachieving "from the top down," and he particularly points a finger at the coaches.

Teammate Chad Ochocinco asked Owens during "The T.Ocho Show" on Versus cable network Tuesday night why he thinks the team is 2-11.

"I think there's underachieving from the top down," Owens said. "You start with the owner, you start with the coaches. And obviously we as players, we are a product of what the coaches are coaching us throughout the course of the week.

You knew what you were getting into Marvin!

JUST finished reading that somewhere else. And Chad (I refuse to call him Ocho Cinco) on it too saying they've been losing for so long he's numb to it. Really? I mean, he's been there 10 years and this would be losing season number 5. And it isn't like those seasons have all been in a row either. Only two have. And other losing season was just 7-9. So come on. Really, Chad? Really?!

Yea but to call out your coaches like that?

They deserve it. We've been calling them out for months at Bengalszone. I'm surprised Terrell waited this long! He is not a cancer here, just speaking the truth.

Here's another nail in Marvins coffin...

The Cincinnati Bengals (2-11) will have their third consecutive home game blacked out against the Cleveland Browns (5-8), the Bengals announced Thursday.

The Bengals were unable to sell out Paul Brown Stadium this week for the "Battle of Ohio," which means the game will not be shown in Cincinnati and within a 90-mile radius of the city.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

When the players can do this and get away with it, then it's time to change the coaches because they've lost the team.

Get away with what? Is there some reason why those two can't have a show and say what they said? Are there league rules against it? Personally I think the show is moronic and I did see that episode and was equally appalled at the remarks by TO, but it's his gig (I don't think 85 even counts he doesn't say much of anything) and who's to say that they can't have their gig? It's totally perverse but that's how it is nowadays. The players are bigger than the game, and T.O. is the biggest player-ego out there. Lewis never HAD T.O. or Ocho to begin with they've always been personalities and attitudes as much as players. And I used to think Henry was the big problem on that team...

Get away with what? Is there some reason why those two can't have a show and say what they said? Are there league rules against it? Personally I think the show is moronic and I did see that episode and was equally appalled at the remarks by TO, but it's his gig (I don't think 85 even counts he doesn't say much of anything) and who's to say that they can't have their gig? It's totally perverse but that's how it is nowadays. The players are bigger than the game, and T.O. is the biggest player-ego out there. Lewis never HAD T.O. or Ocho to begin with they've always been personalities and attitudes as much as players. And I used to think Henry was the big problem on that team...

I didn't say Batmasn and his Bitch shouldn't have a show. I'm refering to a player blasting an owner and the coaching staff and his teammates publicly. He should grow some balls and say it privately to their face.

You keep this stuff 'in house'.

Also..what he said is true....but that does not make it right to go public. When business is not going right, wqhen you are failing to achieve your goals then work hard and smart to correct it.

I'd love to see how long I'd have my job if I went on TV and said what he said about my company.

So...the rats are running the ship. Show me a team that let's this happen and I'll show you a losing record.

Lewis won't pull him in and warm him to keep his comments about the organization 'in house'...Lewis has lost control.

That's what I was trying to say.

I also disagree that the players are bigger than the game...not in the NFL.

I don't think Brett Favre got that memo.

Look where it got that team...and the Jets....and their HC's. For every Favre and TO there are 50 other guys who are not bigger.

I can't name a guy on the Pats defense but that team wins.

It's a team sport and those who crav attention that they are bigger than than their fellow players, wreck the team chemistry....hence the losing. When the rules don't apply to one guy but they do to the other players you've got problems.

I also disagree that the players are bigger than the game...not in the NFL.

They are bigger than the game because the media lets them be, and now lets them get paid for it. We'll see ultimately if either of those dickheads has a job in the NFL after this season, but right now they each have TWO jobs, one of them on an NFL team. So, yeah, they ARE bigger than the NFL; did either of them get suspended or not start today? Did they even get reprimanded? Couldn't have, the NFL has no jurisdiction over their show; obviously the fact that those knuckleheads even HAVE such a big 'extracurricular' engagement outside of their team responsibilities suggests a problem that the NFL can't deal with: reigning in the bigger personalities in the league that decide to utilize the media to their own benefit. Favre is a knucklehead that attracts attention; T.O. and Ocho have found a way to abuse and profit from it and not suffer occupationally; nay, they may even ulitimately benefit from it (they have to learn how to speak properly first, of course).