ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ranking All 32 Starting NFL Quarterbacks From Worst To Best

papasmurfbell

http://newarena.com/nfl/ranking-all-32-starting-nfl-quarterbacks-from-worst-to-best/?ll=2&amxt=1pg_mob_3&utm_campaign=fb_jf_32qbs_inf&utm_source=fb_ae&utm_medium=football_pro&utm_term=adset&fbclid=IwAR1jI0RAKTlSPjOFSQOJDvxB_VAJJ8cpO5Jy2IXAgLeNSCHe3P413icrv_I

32. Lamar Jackson – Baltimore Ravens

2018 stats: 99-for-170 (58.2%), 1,201 passing yards, 6 passing touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 695 rushing yards, 5 rushing touchdowns
Career stats: 99-for-170 (58.2%), 1,201 passing yards, 6 passing touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 695 rushing yards, 5 rushing touchdowns

It’s far too early to decide if Lamar Jackson can be a reputable starting quarterback in today’s league. With such a small sample size, we have seen his dazzling scrambling ability on full display, but he is far from efficient when throwing the football. His polish as a passer should only improve though as he continues to gain more experience. Jackson’s inability to pose a threat through the air was evident in the Ravens’ loss to the Chargers in the Wild Card showdown. For Jackson to take the next step, he must improve in the passing game.

I think this is to low but not by a ton.

It is too low. Probably I'd rank him in the upper 20's. IF he develops as an effective passer his rating will soar. But he's got to improve. Can't wait until the preseason games start. Even then the jury will be out until a few games in to the regular season.

That's way too low. Even if based only on passer rating. I hope the teams in the league feel this way about him.

"What do you think Mike?"

The athleticism will always be there.

Jackson isn’t only the fastest quarterback in the league but he might the fastest player, period. Fans only get a glimpse of what he can do on Sunday afternoons, but the Ravens could make a highlight package just of the runs he makes in practices.

When he gets to the corner and can square up his shoulder pads at the line of scrimmage, he is gone. Bye. But we already knew Jackson could run.

As a passer, he is throwing the ball better. It is coming out of his hand cleaner because of a better release. There are fewer wobbling passes compared with a year ago, when his long ball had as much hang time as a punt by Sam Koch.

In two of three practices during minicamp last week, Jackson was impressive inside the red zone. He was hot on the last day, drilling pass after pass inside tight windows, especially to tight end Mark Andrews.

Throughout minicamp, Jackson played well in most individual drills, but that didn’t always transfer over to team periods. There were times when he got pressured and reverted to throwing sidearm or off his back foot.

If he completed a pass that way, Jackson would try it again, even though his next two passes would fall short of receivers to the dirt. It would take him a while before he got back to normal.

He still struggles with consistency. And if he’s inconsistent in practice, he will be in games.......https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-preston-ravens-observations-lamar-jackson-20190618-story.html

:gorave:

Jackson and Ingram were named the league’s No. 2 rushing tandem ahead of the 2019 season by Pro Football Focus’ Connor Price, behind only the Carolina Panthers’ Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey.

Ebony Bird’s Chris Schisler also is all in on Jackson and Ingram.........On whether Jackson will be the second quarterback in NFL history to run for 1,000 yards in a season (Michael Vick ran for 1,039 yards with the Atlanta Falcons in 2006), Schisler wrote: “I’ve already discussed how I think Jackson will rush for 1,000 yards. To get this done, he just has to average 62.5 yards on the ground per game. There will be games with more than that and games with less than that. The point is he is capable of literally running up his numbers in any game. Jackson will continue to make this kind of history.”.......Schisler went on to write that he expects Jackson to amass 3,300 passing yards and 25 total touchdowns. As for Ingram, Schisler believes the former New Orleans Saint will lead AFC North running backs in yards from scrimmage.....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-6-20-bold-predictions-for-lamar-jackson-mark-ingram

'Course they also said this about the Ravens in that link.

Meanwhile, the phrase “boom or bust” continues to be one used to describe Jackson. Yesterday, Pro Football Talk’s Chris Simms and Mike Florio both named Jackson as one of the top boom-or-bust players this season on “PFT Live.”
“He’s at the top of the list for me,” Simms said. “I could see, the Baltimore Ravens have added more run plays, more run-game design around Lamar Jackson, and he got better at the passing game and decision-making, and more accurate and big-time throws, and I go, ‘Ooh, if that happens, the Baltimore Ravens are a Super Bowl contender.’ But I can easily go, ‘Man, what we saw last year was a lot of inconsistencies in throwing the football, and it could be just a total disaster.”
Florio concurred with Simms’ assessment.
“I agree with you, both on how good is he going to be and how healthy is he going to be,” Florio said. “There’s real boom-or-bust potential.”

'Course they also said this about the Ravens in that link.

Meanwhile, the phrase “boom or bust” continues to be one used to describe Jackson. Yesterday, Pro Football Talk’s Chris Simms and Mike Florio both named Jackson as one of the top boom-or-bust players this season on “PFT Live.”
“He’s at the top of the list for me,” Simms said. “I could see, the Baltimore Ravens have added more run plays, more run-game design around Lamar Jackson, and he got better at the passing game and decision-making, and more accurate and big-time throws, and I go, ‘Ooh, if that happens, the Baltimore Ravens are a Super Bowl contender.’ But I can easily go, ‘Man, what we saw last year was a lot of inconsistencies in throwing the football, and it could be just a total disaster.”
Florio concurred with Simms’ assessment.
“I agree with you, both on how good is he going to be and how healthy is he going to be,” Florio said. “There’s real boom-or-bust potential.”

Total agreement.

Well....if you study the Learning Triangle....

DO NOT BELIEVE INFINITE CORNERS, BELIEVE THE LEARNING TRIANGLE! A MATHEMATICAL PROOF EXISTS, EXAMINE THIS YOU CORPORATE SLAVE DUMBYS:

learning_explain_01.gif

And if you've been on the internet absorbed in posting on football message boards as long as I have, then a transformation takes place....

CARLSIDC_600w_600h.jpg

The message is clear:

THIS IS ALL TRUTH, ACCEPT THE LEARNING TRIANGLE NOW BEFORE THE US PRESIDENT CAN MAKE YOU A ZOMBY DUMBY!!! THIS IS NOT
OF THE TRIANGLE, THIS IS OF COPPER