ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Jets

vmax

Max,

It was an awesome game experience last night - from Lamar’s record breaking performance to amazing game day/night show plus clinching the AFCN 2nd straight year.  

Other observations while at the game:

Lamar showed little signs of injured quad- he was ran like a jack rabbit all night. Nice touch on the ball. 

Entire offense looked strong; very dominant agains the No. 3 or 4 D.

Special teams and D were off last night; need to clean some things up.  Coverage and kicking were not good.  Assumed just a bad night. 

Little surprised they played Lamar into the 4th Q as they did.  And going for it on 4th and 1 from their own 29 - up by I think 3 Tds.  

Amazing Lamar record breaking and team clinching AFCN title ! 

I think we have to give the special teams and even the defense a mulligan to some degree, a Thursday night game, short rest always wears on teams.

So the next 10 days should give them a much needed rest.

Still, the defense is giving up big yards on the run off of the edges of the offense. Good teams will take full notice and advantage of that in the playoffs if Wink doesn't fix this issue.

There were still some coverage issues, better receivers would have torn this secondary up, but again, short week, big lead, bad team; players relax a bit, tire out sooner, mentally tire out as well.

All those yards in the first half and the defense only gave up 7; tipped field goal, good redzone stand, nice work.

I agree with both of you.

Although the Jets had the same short week with little rest, I think we saw the effects on the Ravens. Players were slower and out of sync on defense and definitely on special teams. Harbaugh admitted it and said there is plenty to work on. The sliver lining for me is it didn't take a loss to show this Ravens team that they have a ways to go and need to work harder to get better.

Remember...42-21. This game was over by the end of the first quarter. Very hard to keep your focus and perform excellently for 45 more minutes of play.

One more note; so they experimented last night trying to see if RG3 could run this offense, run the same plays as Lamar....Fail. 4 carries, 6 yards, ypc 1.5 with 3.4 QBR rating. :nono:

But there was So Much GOOD!!!! :gorave: