ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Jets

vmax

The Jets are playing well and on a winning streak.

My thoughts on this game?!??

maxresdefault.jpg

I've got expectations! :thumbup: It's my right as a fan.

Upon leaving the stadium, I expect Lamer to have passed Vick's record and for the Ravens to be AFC North Champs. :gorave:

It's highly possible that I will be celebrating and doing high 5's and fist bumps with hundreds of total strangers. I will undergo a personality change from my reserved and dignified demeanor...8914302096200178691?sqp=4sqPyQSWAUKTAQgA  to this...animalhouse.jpg

For a brief spell.

I also expect to be very cold and hurrying to a nice warm car.

Team Stats

nyj.png&h=100&w=100 bal.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 17.4 33.1
Points Allowed Per Game 23.2 18.2
Total Yards 294.3 416.6
Yards Passing 218.7 215.7
Yards Rushing 75.6 200.9
Yards Allowed 335.7 332.4
Pass Yards Allowed 256.8 236.8
Rush Yards Allowed 78.8 95.6

What a weird state we find our selves, this team in this time of year. A normal season I would say a short week favors the better team; Thursday games are yawners for the most part.

Clearly the Ravens are the better team, but, everyone has one....

A nine game winning streak, let me type that again; a 9 game winning streak, following two wins where parts of the team did not play well, consistently.

Over the holiday I told my sin in law I felt this, expected the Ravens to lose this game. A winning streak has to end, not even this magical season is going to have the Ravens win 14 games in a row, will it, can they?

If Darnold gets time he can pick apart any defense. If the line doesn't block, not even Lamar will have a good enough game to win.

I think this team has poured out a lot of energy these past 9 games, and a short week will test them too much. Jets, big

22 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

A winning streak has to end, not even this magical season is going to have the Ravens win 14 games in a row, will it, can they?

They can. Take it one game at a time. One match up at a time. The playoffs are different. We can look at that mountain at that time.

The Ravens are the most complete team in the NFL. Right now.

I understand your doubt. It is hard to believe....... and this makes for a balanced conversation...so carry on sir!

36593515-cartoon-of-business-people-in-y

1 hour ago, OneManCypher said:

Ravens win, much like the last two games, it won’t be pretty, the jets will put up some resistance. Ravens 27 Jets 20, then you can come on here and scream Lamar can’t read defenses and doesn’t make the right choice on the read handoff, that should make you happy.

Resistance is futile; they will be assimilated, their species is obsolete.

Is that what you are saying Locutus?

Uh-oh.....

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was limited in Monday's practice with a quad injury.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh indicated Jackson was hurt during the game when a Bills defender hit him "around the knee." Harbaugh declined to say whether Jackson would be limited in practice Tuesday.

"It's less than 24 hours after the game," Harbaugh said a day after a 24-17 win at the Buffalo Bills. "It's hard to say. It's not a serious injury in that sense. This is day to day. We play Thursday night. We'll see where we're at."

Jackson didn't participate in any drills during the media-viewing portion of Monday's practice, which was a 90-minute walkthrough. He entered the indoor fieldhouse when reporters were leaving, walking with a slight hitch. Jackson wasn't present on the field when practice ended.

Backup quarterback Robert Griffin III took all the snaps during the portion open to media. Griffin has not started a game since 2016......https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28262230/lamar-jackson-limited-ravens-practice-quad-injury

Thursday night ? yeah, maybe a tad cold - lows 30's but light winds.  Perfect football weather and l'll be there.

More concerned about Lamar's quad and his mobility against a crazed DC named Gregg Williams.

Lamar burned him last December when he was the Browns DC.  We shall see ! 

I heard Lamar was practicing today and showed no ill effects.  Stanley probably won't be available to play because there's not enough time to clear the concussion protocol.  James Hurst will fill in. Andrews was moving around in limited practice. We might see him Sunday.

If your healthy, then you play. Everybody is dinged up this time of year. There is too much is at stake. Winning the North, getting the 1st seed. These are important steps to clearing the easiest path to the SB. The Ravens have a very real chance to accomplish that. Nobody sits out right now and they would probably kick and scream if they weren't allowed to play in order "to rest up." This is what they live for and dreamed about...Championships.:gorave:

Your quad hurts. She awaits...jVOlS5I.gif...what would you do? :fishin:

LOL!

As for this game, that point spread might seem a little big, but this is the Jets we're talking about, and if I've learned one thing about them this year, it's that they can lose to any team by any amount on the road. I mean, this is the team that fell flat on their face twice against winless teams this year, giving both the 0-7 Dolphins and 0-11 Bengals their first wins, and both of those games came on the road for the Jets. The Jets actually lost to the Bengals by 16, which is how much they might be down by the time the first quarter ends on Thursday. ... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-15-picks-bears-shock-packers-in-green-bay-rams-roll-cowboys-in-dallas/

On my way home from work it hit me.

:bow: Back to Back AFC North Championships!!!:gorave:

It can happen tomorrow night.

And if the players posture that I read this week is correct....and I know they are focused on a larger goal...but this is one huge step toward that....Then they are chomping on the bit to do it tomorrow night in PrimeTime, at The Bank, before their fans. It's very important for them to win this game.

They want this. :gorave:

Check this out. They know what's up...

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/final-drive-ravens-can-t-wait-for-primetime-atmosphere-in-baltimore

Edited by vmax