ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Exorcising Demons Playoff Run

vmax

Look at the probable road in front of the Ravens...Bengals, Indy, Steelers, Pats.

See a common denominator?

For the Ravens to get to the Super Bowl, the road is totally paved with demons.... Teams who have some kind of invisible edge over them. Teams against whom they frequently say "That's ok...you can win the game now! We're really not in your category so please, take the lead now." Or..."OMG! We're about to win! Quick...make a false start!, get a pass interference, throw an interception! Fumble! Fumble!"

They don't have any of these teams 'number'. It's the other way around...at least at this moment.

The Ravens have the opportunity and the talent to change this. They can beat any of these teams. All of them in a row????

Get an Exorcist. Study and master the Learning Triangle...get knowledge of things they are not wanting you to know. Find their MoJo.

The Ravens have to get in 'Exorcist mode' starting this Sunday. Knock one monkey off their back after another. The Bengals game is important because if the Ravens succumb to their "finding ways to lose" mental block, then they probably won't beat any of the others.

It's time to line up and show who's Boss. This is exactly what "taking it to the next level" is all about.

The Super Bowl Champ will do exactly this. Claim what's theirs because they want it more than anybody else....and are determined to beat anybody in their way.

The Ravens can wake up Monday morning and say "Hey...we beat the Bengals." They'll have just that much more confidence to want to take out the Colts. Do that and it snowballs.

The Demons will jump off the Ravens and onto a playoff opponent. The shoe will be on the other foot. "We can't beat those guys! Look at who they beat! The Ravens are too scary."...or my favorite "It's the 4th quarter! I'm done!" :)

So I call this the Exorcising Demons Playoff Run....of course it needs the usual disclaimer: "Well, they have to win for it to be called that".

Edited by vmax

I agree beating the Bengals would be a good start to getting up for killing other demons. The ravens NEED a playoff win against an even injury-depleted Colts team to avoid calling this year a failure IMO. And then we'll see what happens against NE/Pitt. I'm torn about which of those two I'd rather see in the divisional round, but aren't there some scenarios where Ravens would play some other team (KC or NYJ or else), at home even maybe? I'm not counting that out, but I'm not sure of the likelihood of such an event. In any event it would take some serious witch-doctoring to get ravens through a road-gauntlet like Colts, Steelers and New England. That would be a story for the playoff ages.

Alright, whats the scenario that gets us to KC next week..

Max just ruined my morning..

KC has it's own set of problems.

Here's how I see it:

If the Ravens beat the Bengals then I like their chances to beat the Colts.

Not worried about the Steelers...that's a sure W.

The Pats???? Worried... but let's see how they look in the playoffs.

I don't know all the possible playoff scenarios...just going by who I see winning this weekend.

Now if this happens I'm on purple cool-aid the whole way...

BALTIMORE 30, CINCINNATI 13: The Ravens have scored more than 30 points in two of their last three games, and at least 26 points in four of their seven home games. Here is the comprehensive blowout fans have been expecting.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?id=3050

That's from Joe Plantania...he's no homer and usually right.

Look at the probable road in front of the Ravens...Bengals, Indy, Steelers, Pats.

See a common denominator?

For the Ravens to get to the Super Bowl, the road is totally paved with demons.... Teams who have some kind of invisible edge over them. Teams against whom they frequently say "That's ok...you can win the game now! We're really not in your category so please, take the lead now." Or..."OMG! We're about to win! Quick...make a false start!, get a pass interference, throw an interception! Fumble! Fumble!"

They don't have any of these teams 'number'. It's the other way around...at least at this moment.

The Ravens have the opportunity and the talent to change this. They can beat any of these teams. All of them in a row????

Get an Exorcist. Study and master the Learning Triangle...get knowledge of things they are not wanting you to know. Find their MoJo.

The Ravens have to get in 'Exorcist mode' starting this Sunday. Knock one monkey off their back after another. The Bengals game is important because if the Ravens succumb to their "finding ways to lose" mental block, then they probably won't beat any of the others.

It's time to line up and show who's Boss. This is exactly what "taking it to the next level" is all about.

The Super Bowl Champ will do exactly this. Claim what's theirs because they want it more than anybody else....and are determined to beat anybody in their way.

The Ravens can wake up Monday morning and say "Hey...we beat the Bengals." They'll have just that much more confidence to want to take out the Colts. Do that and it snowballs.

The Demons will jump off the Ravens and onto a playoff opponent. The shoe will be on the other foot. "We can't beat those guys! Look at who they beat! The Ravens are too scary."...or my favorite "It's the 4th quarter! I'm done!" :)

So I call this the Exorcising Demons Playoff Run....of course it needs the usual disclaimer: "Well, they have to win for it to be called that".

Max,

Your post is conjuring up thoughts of the Exorcist. I would have expected at least a couple of movie photos or quotes.

Whats up ? :benice:

Who thought we would bitch slap the Broncoes in 2000? Proceed to Tennesee where they had not lost a playoff game and beat them? What about the Oakland Raider passimg attack that was supposedly unbeatable? We beat all three.

Are this years opponents any tougher? I think not.

I remember feeling pretty confident about those Broncos and Raiders games in 200(1), definitely not so much the Titans game; but overall much more confidence in the defense. I had much more confidence in that defense than I do in this one, and even more than I have in this year's offense to provide enough scoring margin. In 2000 it was like, just score a couple touchdowns or one and a few FGs and we were gold.

I ordered the DVDs of those playoff broadcasts from NFLshop.com last week, can't wait to watch those games again, so many goofy moments! And to remember the best run defense since the SB era began...

In terms of playoff scenarios:

If we remain the 5 seed and win, the team we would face in the second round would be determined by who wins the other wild card game. If the Jets win, we would go to Pittsburgh. If whoever the Jets play wins, we'd go to New England.

That being said, go Browns!

Guest BallTMore

In terms of playoff scenarios:

If we remain the 5 seed and win, the team we would face in the second round would be determined by who wins the other wild card game. If the Jets win, we would go to Pittsburgh. If whoever the Jets play wins, we'd go to New England.

That being said, go Browns!

Lou lou is most likely playing. The Browns chances just became even smaller.

Hopefully the Raiders show up and beat the chiefs.

Lou lou is most likely playing. The Browns chances just became even smaller.

Hopefully the Raiders show up and beat the chiefs.

If Jax and Titans both win, Ravens would end up going to Jax I think, or at least according the the scenario machine on yahoo (and Jets would go to KC)

But yeah, if Oakland can hang on we would go to KC. But really I'd much rather see Ravens get the Peyton-led-Colts monkey off their backs for at least one playoff season.