ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

New CBA approved

tsylvester

Wow, 10 years, I am a bit surprised this passed, I would not be surprised if some of the players come out against this, try to challenge it as we move forward.

I am not a fan of more games, glad they got rid of one preseason game, even if I think some players need the games to show they can play. Some players play games better than they practice..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28906786/nfl-players-approve-new-cba-2030

NFL players voted to approve a new collective bargaining agreement with the league's owners, ensuring NFL labor peace through at least 2030 and clearing the way for a 17-game regular season as early as 2021.

The vote to approve was close, at 1019-959. Approval required a majority of the players voting.

"I think that's something we knew, that it would be close," new NFLPA president JC Tretter told ESPN of the close vote. "We just came out of our rep meeting and we had a sense of that based on the discussions. But just as with anything, the majority rules."

The NFL Players Association tweeted news of the approval, saying: "The result comes after a long and democratic process in accordance with our constitution." Tretter lauded the greater share of revenues and post-career benefits but added: "We understand that not all deals are perfect, and we don't take the gains we wanted, but couldn't get, lightly. We now must unite and move forward as a union."

The 10-day voting period, during which any player who paid NFLPA dues during the past calendar year was eligible to vote, concluded at 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday. Before the voting, the NFLPA estimated that roughly 2,500 players were eligible to vote.