ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mike's passing out purple kool aid

vmax

1078758372-850x560.jpeg

I think he's on to something....:gorave:

The Ravens’ 2017 draft was highly anticipated because the team wanted to rebuild and re-establish its strong tradition of great defense. The 2020 draft is even more important because it could propel the Ravens to the Super Bowl.

When the Ravens signed defensive ends Calais Campbell and Michael Brockers earlier in the week, they significantly improved their team. It’s still early in the offseason, but the Ravens’ roster is superior than most in the NFL, especially the AFC.. a good draft could catapult the Ravens past that and into the Super Bowl. ....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-raven-preston-draft-needs-20200320-mxjkhdet7jakzjwzdtq5gf7744-story.html

APTOPIX_Packers_Ravens_Football_49791-18

Yeah they have just enough cap space for the draft. If they want to achieve greatness they have to hit this draft big what with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. I think I may foresee a lot of trading up and back  on the Ravens' behalf during the draft to nab the players they want. If they execute that strategy successfully, they should wind up with day one starters at LB and WR and depth on the OL. 

The draft will be the key as Preston says.

In the meantime, please pass the purple kool aid.

This off season reminds me of the 2000 off season. Selective FA signings. Ozzie did what was needed to open up their draft board and fill weaknesses.

Signing Sam Adams and Sharpe allowed them to draft Jamal.

Blah, blah, blah. Did they upgrade the defense? Maybe, maybe not. Campbell is a 5 maybe 6 sacks a season player who had 2 years of higher sacks. Brockers is coming off playing with a defensive front that had one player double teamed most of the time. He won't get that here..

So thus far, who they signed to the defense is a wash with who they lost or will lose. Can the 2ndary stay healthy? They haven't been able to for years.. While they played great, they also had their missed assignments & got real "lucky" with some non calls on some very big plays. Will the officiating breaks continue?

Offense, Lamar, this is a very big year, he should improve. But will he? Will he throw on time, 3, 5 step let er rip? Have more consistent touch 20 yards down field on go routes? Throwing to the deep sidelines? Can he win a playoff game or atleast play well enough to win one?

Super Bowl, will we even have a season?