ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Xbox 360

deeshopper

Loved the first one, but the XBOX belongs to my brother... so haven't gotten to the others. I could play on my comp, but don't think it would be as good - would at least need to buy a controller, I guess.

I did get a Wii... played it for 3 weeks straight around Christmas... then the one game I was using (EA Sports Active - had to get in shape) broke. Got it replaced, but still in the box. Sigh.

How is that EA Sports Active? I was thinking about getting that or the NFL training camp one. I know Wii Sports boxing gives me a decent workout and I was looking for something to build on that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got EA Active 2 - it's not nearly as 'game' based as Wii Sports or even Wii Fit. It's literally just a trainer saying ... "Ok, we're going to do 10 pushups now." But that said, it definitely gives you a solid workout. All kinds of squats, jumps, crunches, planks, etc. Even has you do mountain climbers and the like.

It's very customizable though, which is neat. It comes with a 9 week workout plan - you set your intensity level, length of workouts, etc... and then it plans 3-4 workouts a week for you for 9 weeks. Each one, like a gym workout, will tell you what its focus is - mixture of upper body, lower body, cardio, etc. The arm sensor even has a heartrate monitor and at the end it shows you your calories burned and heartrate graph, showing the workout zones you were in at various points.

The problem with it was that the leg sensor broke and stopped sending its signal. And if all three sensors (arm, leg and wii remote) are not active, you can't play. Apparently it's been a very common problem, which is frustrating to hear. But again, I haven't used the new version I got yet (...doh!).

I got EA Active 2 - it's not nearly as 'game' based as Wii Sports or even Wii Fit. It's literally just a trainer saying ... "Ok, we're going to do 10 pushups now." But that said, it definitely gives you a solid workout. All kinds of squats, jumps, crunches, planks, etc. Even has you do mountain climbers and the like.

It's very customizable though, which is neat. It comes with a 9 week workout plan - you set your intensity level, length of workouts, etc... and then it plans 3-4 workouts a week for you for 9 weeks. Each one, like a gym workout, will tell you what its focus is - mixture of upper body, lower body, cardio, etc. The arm sensor even has a heartrate monitor and at the end it shows you your calories burned and heartrate graph, showing the workout zones you were in at various points.

The problem with it was that the leg sensor broke and stopped sending its signal. And if all three sensors (arm, leg and wii remote) are not active, you can't play. Apparently it's been a very common problem, which is frustrating to hear. But again, I haven't used the new version I got yet (...doh!).

That sucks about the fragile sensors, but good info to know. Thanks for the info dc

I dont think the nunchuck is required for any of the games on EA2 - the leg sensor replaces that. But the faulty sensors are a different issue. When they work, though, it's nice.

Some people complain about the 10-20 seconds between exercises in the new one (which is apparently longer than in the past). Honestly, I hardly notice. And its enough time to get a drink and take a deep breath... which being out of shape, I need.

The online play is alright, but it's broken. Not enough people playing online. The game itself is repetitive but in all truthfulness... it was the best game I've played in years. They added a different aspect in owning parts of Rome, as well as an ability to actually call upon other assassins to help. You get to build these other assassins like they are your own.

I thought it was fantastic. I played it a ton. Loved the assassins recruiting and fixing up the city aspects.

AC2 is crazy difficult.

The fighting is a little tougher - most guards you can grab and slit their throats, but they are some who's defenses you can't break by just striking them or by grabbing them - you have to dodge then strike. I'm really diggin the double hidden blades. Also love the different types of stealth kill options (ledge, hidden spot, from above).

I am flying through it. I had to slow myself down this weekend so I could actually enjoy it.

You all are killing me. This is about the worst stretch of the year in teaching... so I can't even consider playing. But now I am dying to have AC2. And I don't even have a good platform for it... so I'd have to get it for PC and then probably invest in an XBox for PC controller... Stop adding to my debt!

The fighting is a little tougher - most guards you can grab and slit their throats, but they are some who's defenses you can't break by just striking them or by grabbing them - you have to dodge then strike. I'm really diggin the double hidden blades. Also love the different types of stealth kill options (ledge, hidden spot, from above).

I am flying through it. I had to slow myself down this weekend so I could actually enjoy it.

I think the fighting is easy, but the other tasks (which I love!) like finding the feathers and the assassin seals (especially) are ridiculous. I had to go on the web to find out how to get some of the seals. I felt humiliated. lol.

You all are killing me. This is about the worst stretch of the year in teaching... so I can't even consider playing. But now I am dying to have AC2. And I don't even have a good platform for it... so I'd have to get it for PC and then probably invest in an XBox for PC controller... Stop adding to my debt!

Haha. Just get Xbox! It is totally worth it. I'll even give you my game when I'm done. Which should be in another couple of weeks since I only play on the weekends.