ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Super Bowl

varaven45

trusting the Biscuit, Oz and Harbs are taking notes and preparing for next season by:

Assessing positions where we need to upgrade in order to beat the Steelers including:

1. Another pass rusher beast to play alongside Suggs to wreak havoc on Ben. It will be interesting to see how much pain Dom Capers and the Packers will inflict on Big Ben. The Steelers will greatly improv next year as their wounded guys heal over the offseason so we need to significantly upgrade on the pass rush.

2. Another LT and C to fortify our OL. It will be interesting to see whether the Packers can run and how much Aaron Rodgers lands on his butt. I am tired of watching Harrison, Timmons, Woodley wreaking havoc on Joe. Our FO needs to straightn this out and keep Joe upright and protect our franchise QB.

3. The Packers secondary is stout with guys lik Woodson but has some holes. It will be interesting to see how they respond to Ben's ad libbing (sp?) of plays. Again, we need to carefuly assess where we need to upgrade and stop their young burners - Wallace, Brown, etc. I am of the strong opinion we need a Namdo Asomwagh (sp?) type guy for shut down. One is in denial if we think Fox, Webb, Carr and Wilson will get it done. We need at least 1 stealth CB.

It just my opinion but its what I will be watching. I am ready for next year and hope our FO hits some home runs in the offseason.

We need it big time !

:gorave:

As much as I would love to get a shutdown corner, we already have a lot of money tied up in that area (especially if/when we resign Wilson/Carr) and the money could be better spent upgrading the O-Line and pass rush.

Understood but I m thinking about our Steeler speedsters and Webbs gaffe in Pittsburgh. If we dont shut down those guys we arent making it the SB. The pass rush will help but may not be enough. Just sayin...

:gorave:

As much as I would love to get a shutdown corner, we already have a lot of money tied up in that area (especially if/when we resign Wilson/Carr) and the money could be better spent upgrading the O-Line and pass rush.

I agree. Keep Wilson and Carr and draft an OT and a LB each of whom could hopefully start for us.

Webb will be all the way healed from the knee next yr. I am amazed how fast he came back. Even being on the field there was no way he was 100%.

I completely agree with this. He should be a better CB next year. And, I'd like to see them bring Wilson back.