ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Putting out the American Flag for the Inauguration

vmax

OMG the nightmare is almost over and it's time to take back the flag from all of those who shamed it.

It's the 4th of July for me. I'm even putting out the little flags along my walk.

It's time to work together to make the image of our flag stand for honor, principles, democracy and hope. This will take some time, as it's been abused and tarnished, yet not as much time as many think.

The flag also stands for us as citizens and people of principles. We need to take a good look at ourselves, where we are and how far short that we have fallen from our American ideals and principles. A lot of wrongs have come to light and I hope we don't try to bury them under the rug again. That has never worked. In the dark, these wrongs seethe and grow like cancerous tumors. Let's take the next steps together and raise the vibration and our consciousness. There is a higher good for all wanting to spring forth. And it can if we let go of the old ways of thinking and behaviors that propelled us into this mess. . Let go of all that does not serve and encourage the common good.

It's an inside job and journey that I hope we take.

Joe is not perfect, yet since election day he has stepped to the forefront to lead, when the President curled up in a ball and went into hiding. 

Joe's 78. Think of that. You can be sure that he wanted to retire while his health remains. He knows there is a very good chance that this job will kill him and he won't mention that. Joe's a true American Patriot who saw how wrong things were going in our Country and he chose service over his life. He knows how high and hard a pace he is going to have to function at. He's a damn good man and I love what he is attempting to do. He will need the help of all Americans as he faces a mountain of very serious issues. Life threatening issues to our nations future, our future, our children's future and that of this planet.  Few men have accepted service to our nation in such dark times with so much at stake. 

Joe has a vision. Like all visions, they are not perfect at first, yet you hold that vision, build on it, let it evolve and grow.

It can. It must.

Loved Amanda's poem. Incredible for someone so young and so on point for this moment in time.

Joe continues to amaze me. He listed the challenge and said his soul is in this....for everyone. He is so genuine. 

Lol...Lady Gaga....nice conservative dress......JLo sings the intro to the swear in, and I did not expect Garth Brooks, yet he sang well and it was good to see him. 

I wonder what Pence was thinking?

30 minutes ago, vmax said:

Loved Amanda's poem. Incredible for someone so young and so on point for this moment in time.

Joe continues to amaze me. He listed the challenge and said his soul is in this....for everyone. He is so genuine. 

Lol...Lady Gaga....nice conservative dress......JLo sings the intro to the swear in, and I did not expect Garth Brooks, yet he sang well and it was good to see him. 

I wonder what Pence was thinking?

Lol Garth may have just lost half his fan base. 

I'm into all of this. A lifetime of working and raising children did not leave me enough time to follow politics and events like this very closely. Basically I learned a little bit about the contenders and trusted them to do their jobs and the right thing. I'm learning a lot.

I liked that "to form a more perfect Union" was quoted a few times. That implies that we are not perfect and never will be. Nevertheless our challenge is to strive towards perfection. To strive to improve the quality of life and strive to make it better. The issues of today are laid bare before us in the light of day. They can't be denied. Can we, will we, with all out honesty and courage move to eliminate them?

Only so much can be legislated. It's up to us, as American citizens, to elevate our thoughts, words and deeds and that is one tall order. Few civilizations have accomplished that. It's something to strive toward. Count me in.