ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game 1...

millz58

On PTI, Wilbon just blasted the O's basicly saying they are a fluke and stink even though Kornheiser pointed out they have the best record in baseball since Buck took over. Wilbon was almost dripping venom...I hadn't seen him like this...it was like hate.

float.gif

Well, I understand where he's coming from... though I didn't understand why he was so angry about it.

But I understand that he was saying that 4 games is 4 games. And if it was the Clippers going 2-0 or the Browns winning their opener, or even going 2-0... no one would be flipping over backwards about it.

To counter that, you do have to look at Buck overall. And you have to look at HOW the O's are winning.

Maybe Wilbon just missed the boat; really most reactions I've seen/heard were a la kornheiser's (pti but I hate that guy btw) and yeah, if you don't think about the last 3rd of last season, the 4-game start is certainly an anomaly worthy of disdain. but for those who've watched, it's a continuation, really an actualization, of the mission Buck set forth on his arrival. I've only heard, other than positives, casual non-acknowledgements of the start, keeping the O's in the continual "unsatisfactory" column. but most pundits appear to be looking asmirk and an eye-brow raised at the seemingly upstart orioles.

I thought the injuries would bite this team in the won/loss collumn. Verlander is one hell of a good pitcher and the O's don't have anybody who could keep the game close.

The errors hurt and guys like Jones swinging at anything hurt.

Let's see how they respond to this loss.

I'm hearing Guthrie could start Sunday. Amazing

It's all about winning these series. Win today and we won the first two series of the year. LETS GO O'S!!! Boy I love watching Vlad swing the bat. That homer to dead center was typical Vlad. You knew it was gone just by the sound of the bat, very violent swing.

It is good to see Vlad and Lee going deep, we need that to offer the protection to the others behind them; our rotation is still challenged until Guthrie and Matusz are back. but I'm hoping the o's can pull this one out and move us to 5-1 before the Rangers come in, they kick our asses alot. Verlander and Penny have definitely made us look mediocre.